- Never met, but never forgotten
- Council ignoring democracy with in camera decisions
- Omitted CAA guideline pivotal and critical
- Local decision-making critical for the land base
- How to pay for renovations with your mortgage
- Volunteers busy at old brick building
- Brenda Byman’s disappearance haunts family 51 years later
- Cranbrook RCMP seeks assistance in missing person case
- Don’t take for granted you have mortgage life insurance
- Important first step: Macdonald
Obituary for Anton Luyendyk “Tony”Posted: October 30, 2013
1924 – 2013
It is with great sadness that we share the passing of Anton “Tony” Luyendyk on October 18, 2013. Tony was born on September 6, 1924 in Calgary, AB and moved to the Valley in 1947. Tony is predeceased by his mother, Ethel, father John, infant son Gregory Anton and great granddaughter Riley Summer Pitchford.
He is survived by, his wife Phyllis of 63 years, his brothers Walter and Roy, sons John and Rick, daughter Jo-Ann; his grandchildren, Adam, Trish, Megan, Dean, Mason, Becky, Erin, Kayla; and great grandchildren, Ty, Nolan, Tia, Luca, Malin, Mateyah, Colbie and Samuel.
Tony will be dearly remembered for his love of family, friends, the Columbia Valley and his passionate dedication to community service including the Lion’s Club, Masons, Hospital Board among many others.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the staff of Columbia House for their exceptional and compassionate care of Tony.
A memorial service for Tony will be held on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at Christ Church Trinity at 2:00 pm. His Interment will take place in Windermere Columbarium at a later date. In lieu of flowers donations can be made in Tony’s honour to Columbia House.
Feature photo courtesy of Through My Eyes PhotographyTags: ObituaryObituary for Anton Luyendyk "Tony"
Your weekly Halo-scopes> Read More
Don’t take for granted you have mortgage life insurance> Read More
How to pay for renovations with your mortgage> Read More
Why should you choose steel studs?> Read More
Never met, but never forgotten> Read More
Gypsy blues duo next in Live at Studio 64> Read More
Omitted CAA guideline pivotal and critical> Read More
Council ignoring democracy with in camera decisions> Read More