- RCMP seek help in Elkford assault case
- Calgary firefighter drowns in Columbia Lake
- 2nd St. South disruption this morning
- Fireworks cancelled as temperatures soar
- Next steps in theatre replacement discussed
- High temps prompt heat stress alert
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Campfire ban coming for Southeast Fire Centre
- Fires being battled near Cranbrook
- Injured bear in West Fernie
A wander around WapitiPosted: August 14, 2012
The second annual Wapiti Music Festival at Fernie’s Annex Park was by all accounts a smash success.
With a setting that is second to none, a line-up consisting of some of Canada’s finest indie bands/acts and blessings bestowed by the weather gods, the two-day festival (August 10 and 11) enjoyed increases all the way around.
The festival even sold out on Saturday, when e-KNOW took a wander around the Annex in search of a photographic story – contained below. Please click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slide show.
Kudos to the organizers of this awesome event, which is garnering rave reviews beyond the borders of the East Kootenay. It is rapidly becoming a signature event for one of the coolest little cities in the Rockies.
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Fernie's Annex ParkWapiti Music Festival
Discussion begins on future of park land in Wilmer> Read More
Random act of kindness> Read More
Columbia Valley RCMP Report> Read More
Kudos to the Sam Steele Society and volunteers> Read More
Campfire, fireworks ban for Fernie> Read More
High temps prompt heat stress alert> Read More
Watch for Cone Zoned areas: Mainroad> Read More
Steamboat back for fourth festival> Read More