- Multiple charges following confinement and attack
- Regional Crime Reduction Unit staying busy
- Architects love Fernie Courthouse
- Horoscope for the Week beginning Nov. 21
- Appreciation of the Zamboni driver
- Electric car charger operating at curling club
- The Kootenay’s top destination shopping market
- Old pyramid scheme but different name
- Dave Clarke joins city staff
- 2014 Hunting Regulations Synopsis now available
Arts Station adds much to downtownPosted: July 4, 2012
Downtown activities in Fernie are plentiful during the summer months and one location serves as a lynch-pin for those activities – The Arts Station.
Offering looks at brilliant works of art as well as good food and atmosphere, complete with a deck to idle and enjoy your time, as well as all sorts of entertainment, The Art Station always has something for visitors and locals.
Showing this week is artist Karen Cook who has used inspiration from the mountains for her exhibit ‘Back of Beyond.’
Back of Beyond is a compilation of pieces created by Cook in her specialty, oil painting, but also features some of her work in photography. Her use of earthy tones and composition give a glance into the heart of this Natal native and allows the viewer to see just how much of an impact her environment and upbringing have played on her work.
e-KNOWTags: Back of BeyondKaren CookThe Arts Station
Panorama opens for ski racers> Read More
Horoscope for the Week beginning Nov. 21> Read More
Architects love Fernie Courthouse> Read More
Regional Crime Reduction Unit staying busy> Read More
Cranbrook Pest Control helps Starlite Campaign> Read More
Foggy Hogtown Boys in town Nov. 25> Read More
SD5 board notes> Read More
Multiple charges following confinement and attack> Read More