- Northwood home razed in suspicious blaze
- Multiple other fire starts in blaze vicinity: RCMP
- Horoscope for the week beginning Feb. 27
- Lock or lose it
- City hall takes a stand against bullying
- Let’s stop fighting amongst ourselves
- Chef Schiller going against Kathy Morey for title
- Dam breach concern forcing lake level lowering
- Record number nominated for awards
- CMCS directors ready for second festival
Arts Station adds much to downtownPosted: July 4, 2012
Downtown activities in Fernie are plentiful during the summer months and one location serves as a lynch-pin for those activities – The Arts Station.
Offering looks at brilliant works of art as well as good food and atmosphere, complete with a deck to idle and enjoy your time, as well as all sorts of entertainment, The Art Station always has something for visitors and locals.
Showing this week is artist Karen Cook who has used inspiration from the mountains for her exhibit ‘Back of Beyond.’
Back of Beyond is a compilation of pieces created by Cook in her specialty, oil painting, but also features some of her work in photography. Her use of earthy tones and composition give a glance into the heart of this Natal native and allows the viewer to see just how much of an impact her environment and upbringing have played on her work.
e-KNOWTags: Back of BeyondKaren CookThe Arts Station
My Baby Bot> Read More
A cascade of poetic words> Read More
Surplus doesn’t help people or services> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Fix your credit while driving> Read More
Out of The Box returning> Read More
Chef Schiller going against Kathy Morey for title> Read More
Multiple other fire starts in blaze vicinity: RCMP> Read More