- Kimberley’s SunMine powers up
- Campfires still banned in Southeast Fire Centre
- COs made aware of bobcat at JimSmith
- Police seek diamond rings owner
- JGMRM reminded of CRA responsibilities
- Subject arrested for Kimberley thefts
- One Steamboat, two Steamboat, three Steamboat, four
- Volunteers key to Rails-to-Trails
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Musical Ride coming to Fort Steele August 2
Arts Station adds much to downtownPosted: July 4, 2012
Downtown activities in Fernie are plentiful during the summer months and one location serves as a lynch-pin for those activities – The Arts Station.
Offering looks at brilliant works of art as well as good food and atmosphere, complete with a deck to idle and enjoy your time, as well as all sorts of entertainment, The Art Station always has something for visitors and locals.
Showing this week is artist Karen Cook who has used inspiration from the mountains for her exhibit ‘Back of Beyond.’
Back of Beyond is a compilation of pieces created by Cook in her specialty, oil painting, but also features some of her work in photography. Her use of earthy tones and composition give a glance into the heart of this Natal native and allows the viewer to see just how much of an impact her environment and upbringing have played on her work.
e-KNOWTags: Back of BeyondKaren CookThe Arts Station
Fernie awarded grant for cycling infrastructure> Read More
Grizzly reported near mobile home park> Read More
Simple mistake or a telling portrait?> Read More
Successful fundraising drive celebrated> Read More
DOI bylaw officer getting workout> Read More
Another medical marijuana dispensary interested> Read More
Important rules to follow in berry season> Read More
COs made aware of bobcat at JimSmith> Read More