- Man in hospital after serious MVA
- Two men killed in industrial accident
- Traffic signals to be updated
- Series of charges for impaired driver after hit and run
- RCMP find missing owner of vehicle
- A picture perfect day for fourth Salmon Festival
- Saskatoon man killed in Fairmont crash
- Tentative agreement reached
- International conference to explore future of Columbia River
- Women’s team aims to build interest in hockey
Businesses team up to help EKSPCAPosted: July 29, 2012
Two Cranbrook businesses, The Playpen Pet Boarding & Grooming and Sandor Rentals, recently provided more than $15,000 in support to the East Kootenay SPCA (EKSPCA).
Karla Shalley, owner of The Playpen explained, “We just did a 3,000-square-foot addition, which included a new cattery, therefore our existing cattery needed a new home. I approached the EKSPCA, as I know that on a regular basis they are at capacity for their feline adoptees. I offered the cattery and Sandor Rentals, who went way above and beyond, donated their time and equipment.”
Two men, two cranes and three days later, Sandor had moved the cattery to its new home at the EKSPCA.
“The cattery has room for over 10 cats. It has windows, hammocks and a real home feel,” Shalley said, noting the cattery is valued at over $9,000 and Sandor’s time and equipment was valued at over $6,000.
e-KNOWTags: East Kootenay SPCAEKSPCASandor RentalsThe Playpen Pet Boarding & Grooming
Two men killed in industrial accident> Read More
Six in the Stix Mountain Biking Festival this weekend> Read More
Man in hospital after serious MVA> Read More
Women’s team aims to build interest in hockey> Read More
New president for Kimberley Chamber> Read More
Construction of training facility for CFES continues> Read More
International conference to explore future of Columbia River> Read More
Sustainability Symposium set to inspire educators> Read More