- Help this man keep wearing this bra
- Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife
- Fund established to help Kimberley family
- Canada changed today: Wilks
- Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23
- Fatal crash still under investigation
- Highway 3 closed after fatality accident
- Challenge highlights food access issues
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Utility rate increases for Kimberley
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
Canada changed today: Wilks> Read More
Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23> Read More
Help this man keep wearing this bra> Read More
Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5> Read More
Diana J. eyeing third term on council> Read More
All Candidate Forums in the Columbia Valley> Read More
Remaining council meetings to be broadcast> Read More
The flu shot protects you and others> Read More