- Two dead in crash near Moyie
- Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash
- Man assaulted during Westside rendezvous
- One dead after family of five submerged in Elk River
- Scott Niedermayer to be honoured by city
- Holiday train returning to region
- Community rallies to help local family
- Holiday Spirits rising at Cranbrook and District Arts Council
- Six officers go bald after ball hockey tilt
- Affordable Art show runs until Dec. 20
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East Kootenay
Residents reminded to license dogs> Read More
Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash> Read More
Rescue and safety agencies getting gaming grant funds> Read More
Regional board executive stays the same> Read More
Consultations begin on people with disabilities issues> Read More
All invited to attend DBA strategy meeting> Read More
Kootenay Authors’ Book Fair and Sale this Saturday> Read More
Holiday train returning to region> Read More