- Cherry Lake wildfire now fire of note
- FSR restriction for Cherry Lake wildfire
- BC Coroners seek public help with cold case ID
- Gordon Rice found deceased
- The reason for drinking water odor
- Four new fires southwest of city
- Potential fire hazard sparks discussion
- RCMP seek help in locating Creston woman
- George “Doc” Lang obituary
- Horoscope for the week beginning August 28
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
FSR restriction for Cherry Lake wildfire> Read More
Cherry Lake wildfire now fire of note> Read More
BC Coroners seek public help with cold case ID> Read More
MusicFest a magical lakeside day> Read More
At the Library> Read More
College transfer students excel> Read More
Let there be light> Read More
What’s up in the CDAC in September> Read More