- No reports of suspicious van targeting children
- Police request help in locating stolen vehicle
- Man missing from Creston area
- RCMP seek witnesses to serious assault
- Serious head injuries in truck bed tumble
- McCormick outlines 10 ideas to help Kimberley
- Impaired driver causes crash
- A license to file charges Friday night
- Action on Kimberley’s economic development front
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
Hairy Scary!> Read More
Breast cancer awareness fundraiser Nov. 1> Read More
Candidates provide some answers for voters> Read More
Fernie Council Connection> Read More
No reports of suspicious van targeting children> Read More
Action on Kimberley’s economic development front> Read More
Heritage Grains Workshop upcoming> Read More
Decade of Education for Sustainable Development ends> Read More