- Cyclist airlifted to Calgary after collision
- Beer, spray paint and Flume swimming don’t mix
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast
- No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest
- Top three finishes for local wakeboarders in Alberta
- 6th Street N reconstruction to begin Monday
- Camping options around Cranbrook
- Cranbrook RCMP searching for missing man
- Searchers locate missing cliff jumper’s body
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
Driver confusion causes extensive damage> Read More
Air lifted cyclist NHL player> Read More
Seeking Sam Steele smiles> Read More
Camping options around Cranbrook> Read More
Health care support contract positions available> Read More
The Cromoli Brothers present Hello Kimberley!> Read More
Water line break closes 2nd Street South> Read More
Beer, spray paint and Flume swimming don’t mix> Read More