- Bomb threat closes Cranbrook Safeway
- Trafficker arrested in Cranbrook
- Make list and check twice for safe holiday travel
- Police seek info after shots fired at city home
- B.C. wine heading to grocery shelves in spring
- Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel
- Horoscope for the week beginning Dec. 19
- U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley
- Exploring one of man’s most enduring passions
- RDEK Board Highlights
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
Stupid Disney Princesses> Read More
Exploring one of man’s most enduring passions> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Wasa hosting Winter Festival Dec. 31> Read More
Make list and check twice for safe holiday travel> Read More
B.C. wine heading to grocery shelves in spring> Read More
U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley> Read More
Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel> Read More