- Calgary motorcyclist killed on Mile Hill
- Highways closed by fire and accident
- Two wildfires burning in East Kootenay
- Understanding the levels of evacuation
- Evacuation order for Kragmont area
- Evacuation Order lifted; Alert in place
- Baynes Lake, Spilli fires still under attack
- Burn out planned for Baynes area fire; Spilli flares up
- Campfires, open fires, fireworks banned across B.C.
- The times, they are a’changing
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
Burn out planned for Baynes area fire; Spilli flares up> Read More
Find off-street parking for RVs, boats and trailers> Read More
Unique Rocky Mountain escape in your backyard> Read More
Campfire ban begins for Cranbrook> Read More
Do I need an appraisal?> Read More
Bear sightings in Ridgemont in Fernie> Read More
EKDFP seeks admin contractor> Read More
Cranbrook top municipal float in Calgary Stampede Parade> Read More