- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- White Tail Brook fire 10% contained
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Crucial to adhere to fire prohibitions: Thomson
Volunteering employee honoured by Investors GroupPosted: September 6, 2012
Investors Group has honoured 12-year employee Liz Desrosiers with an Employee Volunteer Award.
Desrosiers is a dedicated volunteer who has given time to the Canadian Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Highlands School Parent Advisory Committee, minor sports and much more.
Liz was nominated by her supervisor Lois Kerr and one of her staff members, Diane Babcock, from here in the Kootenays.
This award was established to recognize the selfless volunteer efforts of Investors Group employees and to celebrate the contributions the employees make as volunteers on an ongoing basis. Liz was chosen due to her extensive volunteerism in the Kootenays going all the way back to 1998.
In recognition of her award a $1,000 donation has been made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was also presented, August 22, with a plaque and gift card.
Presenting the honour to Liz is Bill Hughes, Regional Director, for the Kootenay Region.
Image courtesy Janice Sommerfeld/SNAP East KootenayTags: Employee Volunteer AwardInvestors GroupLiz Desrosiers
Countless hiking options around Cranbrook> Read More
Days for Girls asks for all hands on deck> Read More
Chamber seeking new Executive Director> Read More
ICU starting to take shape> Read More
White Tail Brook fire 10% contained> Read More
Crucial to adhere to fire prohibitions: Thomson> Read More
Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP> Read More
First Saturday Celtic party with Cod Gone Wild> Read More