- Charges approved in two-year-old fraud investigation
- Campaign underway to replace books lost in fire
- Winter tire time has begun (sorry)
- Parastone on track for launch of newest neighbourhood
- Intoxicated rowdies simmer when one is jailed
- Show and Shine’s 25th run given classic treatment
- Two men killed in industrial accident
- Local Food in the Kitchen returns with workshops
- College welding apprentice attending nat’l conference
- Burn targets hit; more planned weather depending
Another rainfall warning in effectPosted: June 26, 2012
You’re probably looking out your window and saying, “well, duh!”
Environment Canada has issued another rainfall warning for the East Kootenay.
And if you are looking out a window right now, you are not surprised. It is absolutely thrashing down in Cranbrook right now (10:30 a.m.).
According to Environment Canada the Cranbrook and Kimberley areas can expect 20 to 30 mm of rain with risks of thunderstorms today. The rain is supposed to taper off overnight, with a further five to 10 mm of rain possible.
It’s a similar forecast for the Elk Valley – with risks of thunderstorms this morning and 30 to 40 mm of rain.
Up valley in Invermere there is supposed to be less rain and no warning in place, with about 15 mm forecast.
Hang in there because it’s more of the same for the region on Wednesday but cheer up – Thursday appears on Environment Canada’s website as a bright orange ball for all parts of the region. Now what exactly that bright orange ball is escapes our soggy, rain pummeled mind.
e-KNOWTags: East KootenayEnvironment Canadarainfall warning
Blissett to run for Cranbrook city council> Read More
Local government election information for candidates> Read More
French immersion up in SD5; down in SD6> Read More
Open house tomorrow for election candidates> Read More
Campaign underway to replace books lost in fire> Read More
The book on yielding to pedestrians> Read More
Intoxicated rowdies simmer when one is jailed> Read More
Volunteers needed to launch Shoebox campaign> Read More