- International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club
- Forbes list reveals a tale of two life styles
- Additional flooding reported
- Water quality advisory continued; flood conditions improved
- Silver medal for Kimberley’s Josh Dueck
- February Night Watch
- City issues water quality advisory
- Coelho leads readers to ask deep and hard questions
- Flood watch ends but Water Quality Advisory continues
- Cranbrook offers support to Tim Bozon / family
Business as usual at Cranbrook Transfer StationPosted: August 10, 2012
It’s business as usual today at the Cranbrook Transfer Station following a fire Wednesday night.
“The site was open yesterday; however, the main building was closed and temporary bins were set up for the disposal of household garbage,” explains Regional District of East Kootenay Communications Manager, Loree Duczek. “The closure of the transfer station building allowed us to have an electrical inspection completed, get the majority of the electrical repairs done and hose down the building.”
The site was fully reopened on schedule this morning although there are some minor electrical repairs being completed today.
“We would like to thank the Cranbrook Fire Department, our contractor and staff for their swift response to the fire. As a result of their efforts, the damage to the building was minimal and there was no interruption in service to the public at this very busy facility,” added Duczek.
The fire started just before 8 p.m. Wednesday evening in garbage that had been loaded in a haul trailer. The trailer sustained extensive damage and the cause of the fire is unknown.
A swing and a miss> Read More
Behavioural finance and how rules-based investing helps build stable portfolios> Read More
Divine wines discovered at Vancouver Wine Festival> Read More
Celebrating women in trades this International Women’s Day> Read More
High avalanche hazard closes highways> Read More
Melt monitoring continues in RDEK> Read More
Flood watch ends but Water Quality Advisory continues> Read More
International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club> Read More