- Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash
- Two dead in crash near Moyie
- Holiday train returning to region
- Kootenay Authors' Book Fair and Sale this Saturday
- Man assaulted during Westside rendezvous
- Scott Niedermayer to be honoured by city
- One dead after family of five submerged in Elk River
- Consultations begin on people with disabilities issues
- Flathead border site location of multi-discipline camp
- Regional board executive stays the same
Business as usual at Cranbrook Transfer StationPosted: August 10, 2012
It’s business as usual today at the Cranbrook Transfer Station following a fire Wednesday night.
“The site was open yesterday; however, the main building was closed and temporary bins were set up for the disposal of household garbage,” explains Regional District of East Kootenay Communications Manager, Loree Duczek. “The closure of the transfer station building allowed us to have an electrical inspection completed, get the majority of the electrical repairs done and hose down the building.”
The site was fully reopened on schedule this morning although there are some minor electrical repairs being completed today.
“We would like to thank the Cranbrook Fire Department, our contractor and staff for their swift response to the fire. As a result of their efforts, the damage to the building was minimal and there was no interruption in service to the public at this very busy facility,” added Duczek.
The fire started just before 8 p.m. Wednesday evening in garbage that had been loaded in a haul trailer. The trailer sustained extensive damage and the cause of the fire is unknown.
ICE fan qualifies for Ultimate CHL Fan> Read More
Residents reminded to license dogs> Read More
Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash> Read More
Rescue and safety agencies getting gaming grant funds> Read More
Regional board executive stays the same> Read More
Consultations begin on people with disabilities issues> Read More
All invited to attend DBA strategy meeting> Read More
Kootenay Authors’ Book Fair and Sale this Saturday> Read More