- Internet child luring investigation leads to U.K.
- Three arrested, firearms seized in morning arrest
- Fire fighters and RCMP bring fire under control
- 30 days in jail for evading police
- City has 78 full-time staff; a break down
- Assessment shows building in avalanche path
- Dangerous drugs seized in weekend bust
- Wicked Raised Beds Workshops
- Paint the Train a testament to value of volunteerism
- Why is a city volunteer chased away?
Business as usual at Cranbrook Transfer StationPosted: August 10, 2012
It’s business as usual today at the Cranbrook Transfer Station following a fire Wednesday night.
“The site was open yesterday; however, the main building was closed and temporary bins were set up for the disposal of household garbage,” explains Regional District of East Kootenay Communications Manager, Loree Duczek. “The closure of the transfer station building allowed us to have an electrical inspection completed, get the majority of the electrical repairs done and hose down the building.”
The site was fully reopened on schedule this morning although there are some minor electrical repairs being completed today.
“We would like to thank the Cranbrook Fire Department, our contractor and staff for their swift response to the fire. As a result of their efforts, the damage to the building was minimal and there was no interruption in service to the public at this very busy facility,” added Duczek.
The fire started just before 8 p.m. Wednesday evening in garbage that had been loaded in a haul trailer. The trailer sustained extensive damage and the cause of the fire is unknown.Tags: Cranbrook Fire DepartmentCranbrook Transfer StationLoree Duczek
Fernie Council Connection> Read More
Province grants $23,300 to fight invasive plants> Read More
Internet child luring investigation leads to U.K.> Read More
Virtuoso pianist performing in Fernie April 25> Read More
Wicked Raised Beds Workshops> Read More
Horoscope for the Week beginning April 17> Read More
My View by Alice Byrne> Read More
College hosts Trades Event for Grade 9s> Read More