- Bomb threat closes Cranbrook Safeway
- Police seek info after shots fired at city home
- Cranbrook chamber welcomes Site C approval
- Horoscope for the week beginning Dec. 19
- U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley
- Wasa celebrates opening of Pete Vereshagen Rink
- Crash kills power for chunk of city
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Hospital upgrade project progressing
- Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel
Business as usual at Cranbrook Transfer StationPosted: August 10, 2012
It’s business as usual today at the Cranbrook Transfer Station following a fire Wednesday night.
“The site was open yesterday; however, the main building was closed and temporary bins were set up for the disposal of household garbage,” explains Regional District of East Kootenay Communications Manager, Loree Duczek. “The closure of the transfer station building allowed us to have an electrical inspection completed, get the majority of the electrical repairs done and hose down the building.”
The site was fully reopened on schedule this morning although there are some minor electrical repairs being completed today.
“We would like to thank the Cranbrook Fire Department, our contractor and staff for their swift response to the fire. As a result of their efforts, the damage to the building was minimal and there was no interruption in service to the public at this very busy facility,” added Duczek.
The fire started just before 8 p.m. Wednesday evening in garbage that had been loaded in a haul trailer. The trailer sustained extensive damage and the cause of the fire is unknown.Tags: Cranbrook Fire DepartmentCranbrook Transfer StationLoree Duczek
B.C. wine heading to grocery shelves in spring> Read More
U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley> Read More
Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel> Read More
Hospital upgrade project progressing> Read More
Trafficker arrested in Cranbrook> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning Dec. 19> Read More
Bomb threat closes Cranbrook Safeway> Read More
RDEK Board Highlights> Read More