- No reports of suspicious van targeting children
- Police request help in locating stolen vehicle
- Shuswap leadership under scrutiny for salaries
- McCormick outlines 10 ideas to help Kimberley
- Serious head injuries in truck bed tumble
- RCMP seek witnesses to serious assault
- A license to file charges Friday night
- Man missing from Creston area
- Action on Kimberley’s economic development front
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
Citizen of the Year announcedPosted: June 26, 2012
Acting mayor, Councillor Shelly McLean, has announced Elkford resident Dustin Murray as the 2012 Elkford Citizen of the Year.
Dustin was nominated as Citizen of the Year for the limitless hours he has dedicated to the Elkford Secondary School Girls’ Volleyball Team since 2007, the WildCat Grass Smash, coaching Club Volleyball and the time he has dedicated to many other clubs and organizations in town. Dustin is known as a hard working and dedicated individual, involved with the Wapiti Ski Hill, PAC, Early Childhood Development Committee event and activities, minor ball, karate and archery – all while raising a young family.
Dustin helps to make Elkford a wonderful place for residents and visitors alike and is a mentor and role model to youth in our community. Dustin is very deserving of the honour of the Citizen of the Year, notes a district press release.
Dustin will be honoured as the Citizen of the Year at the Wildcat Days Opening Ceremonies on Friday, June 29, at 6 p.m. and will also have the honour of being the Grand Marshall for our annual Wildcat Days Parade on Saturday, June 30, at 10:30 a.m.
District of ElkfordTags: 2012 Elkford Citizen of the YearCouncillor Shelly McLeanDistrict of ElkfordDustin Murray
City applies to bring West Fernie into fold> Read More
Wild & Scenic Film Fest coming to Kimberley> Read More
Shuswap leadership under scrutiny for salaries> Read More
Horoscope for the Week beginning Oct. 31> Read More
Hairy Scary!> Read More
Breast cancer awareness fundraiser Nov. 1> Read More
Candidates provide some answers for voters> Read More
Fernie Council Connection> Read More