- Arrest made after stabbing
- $1,000 prize waiting to be claimed
- Four impaired drivers taken off the road
- B&Es reported early Monday morning
- Obituary for Arnold Stewart
- International recognition for the Idlewild Peace Park
- Free workshop on mold at COTR
- Hospital stay couldn’t have been better
- Obituary for John Oostenbrink
- Arts, culture and heritage grant applications available
Contained!Posted: May 31, 2012
Quick response by Cranbrook Fire and Emergency Services (CFES) to a fire a few blocks from the main fire hall saved several more residences from being destroyed in a fire yesterday.
At 1:39 p.m. on May 30 CFES received a 911 call reporting of a structure fire in a town home at 2362 3rd Street, South.
Upon arrival responding firefighters found the main floor of the townhome fully involved and showing flames from a rear door. The arriving crew of four firefighters was able to control the fire and protect the adjacent residences. In total, two engines and 16 fire fighters responded to the incident to ensure extinguishment and to complete salvage and overhaul.
Fire crews were able to contain the blaze and protect the surrounding homes.
The inside of the Lingnow family townhome appears to be gutted by the blaze and a drop-box has been established at Cranbrook’s Days Inn.
City firefighters were at the scene this afternoon (May 31) conducting an investigation and more details will be available upon completion of the investigation.
Snowmobiler dies in avalanche> Read More
Partnership provides funds for research project> Read More
Quick responses save Invermere man caught in avalanche> Read More
Last call for Wood Stove Exchange> Read More
Investigation finds unsafe bridges on forestry roads> Read More
Maidentrip: award-winning film of girl who sailed world solo> Read More
$1,000 prize waiting to be claimed> Read More
Free workshop on mold at COTR> Read More