- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
Contained!Posted: May 31, 2012
Quick response by Cranbrook Fire and Emergency Services (CFES) to a fire a few blocks from the main fire hall saved several more residences from being destroyed in a fire yesterday.
At 1:39 p.m. on May 30 CFES received a 911 call reporting of a structure fire in a town home at 2362 3rd Street, South.
Upon arrival responding firefighters found the main floor of the townhome fully involved and showing flames from a rear door. The arriving crew of four firefighters was able to control the fire and protect the adjacent residences. In total, two engines and 16 fire fighters responded to the incident to ensure extinguishment and to complete salvage and overhaul.
Fire crews were able to contain the blaze and protect the surrounding homes.
The inside of the Lingnow family townhome appears to be gutted by the blaze and a drop-box has been established at Cranbrook’s Days Inn.
City firefighters were at the scene this afternoon (May 31) conducting an investigation and more details will be available upon completion of the investigation.
e-KNOWTags: Cranbrook Fire and Emergency ServicesFire May 30Lingnow family townhome
Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP> Read More
First Saturday Celtic party with Cod Gone Wild> Read More
Dusty Downhill this Saturday> Read More
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More