Home » Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care Centre
- BCTF ignoring government’s fiscal reality: province
- A rhyming explanation about the state of B.C. education
- An education system sadly failing its children
- Area restriction order amended
- An open letter to Christy Clark
- Rescuing children should be as heartwarming as rescuing animals
- Evening fire ravages downtown business
- Interior Health welcomes new board director
- East Kootenay Energy Diet encore
- Cause of structure fire undetermined
Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care CentrePosted: July 17, 2012
Residents of the Sparwood and Elkford areas are advised that the emergency department in Sparwood will be closed Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22 due to limited physician availability. The emergency department will reopen on Monday, July 23, reported Interior Health today (July 17).
Sparwood and Elkford residents should take note of the following if they require care when the emergency department is closed:
In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
People who require non-urgent care can go to emergency department in Fernie (24/7).
If individuals are unsure about what services they require, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1.
The toll-free line provides 24-hour, confidential health information and advice from a registered nurse.
Sparwood Emergency Department services normally operate seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Interior Health regrets this interruption to service.
Interior HealthTags: Doctor shortageElkfordemergency department in SparwoodInterior HealthSparwood
Community & Business Excellence Award nomination time> Read More
Honey in the Jar Sept. 11> Read More
Area restriction order amended> Read More
Interior Health welcomes new board director> Read More
East Kootenay Energy Diet encore> Read More
BCTF ignoring government’s fiscal reality: province> Read More
Rescuing children should be as heartwarming as rescuing animals> Read More
A rhyming explanation about the state of B.C. education> Read More