Home » Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care Centre
- Horoscope for the week beginning April 29
- 2016 Youth Ambassador candidates introduced
- Coroners confirms identity of deceased sledder
- Local recognized for dedicated service
- Sustainable Community Builder of the Year named
- Nurses Trail closed, now revitalized
- Inaugural competition rocks house
- Possible suspect played it cool at collision scene
- New substance use beds planned
- City recommends funding for 37 organizations
Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care CentrePosted: July 17, 2012
Residents of the Sparwood and Elkford areas are advised that the emergency department in Sparwood will be closed Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22 due to limited physician availability. The emergency department will reopen on Monday, July 23, reported Interior Health today (July 17).
Sparwood and Elkford residents should take note of the following if they require care when the emergency department is closed:
In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
People who require non-urgent care can go to emergency department in Fernie (24/7).
If individuals are unsure about what services they require, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1.
The toll-free line provides 24-hour, confidential health information and advice from a registered nurse.
Sparwood Emergency Department services normally operate seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Interior Health regrets this interruption to service.
Interior HealthTags: Doctor shortageElkfordemergency department in SparwoodInterior HealthSparwood
RM Naturalists Celebrate Earth Week> Read More
Exploring yesterday…today> Read More
A strong and forceful debut> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Inaugural competition rocks house> Read More
Source to mouth at the same time> Read More
Sustainable Community Builder of the Year named> Read More
GoGo Grannies Garage Sale Saturday> Read More