Home » Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care Centre
- The conflicts and challenges of ch-ch-ch-changes
- This book will make you think; thanks boarder dude
- Bill 4 puts BC Parks in peril: environmental groups
- Patio applications now being taken
- Arrest made after stabbing
- Rogers resumes touring after illness
- Disaster Financial Assistance approved for March flooding
- Kimberley RCMP receive two new police vehicles
- RCMP detachment open house May 21
- Symphony’s April concerts will be great events
Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care CentrePosted: July 17, 2012
Residents of the Sparwood and Elkford areas are advised that the emergency department in Sparwood will be closed Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22 due to limited physician availability. The emergency department will reopen on Monday, July 23, reported Interior Health today (July 17).
Sparwood and Elkford residents should take note of the following if they require care when the emergency department is closed:
In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
People who require non-urgent care can go to emergency department in Fernie (24/7).
If individuals are unsure about what services they require, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1.
The toll-free line provides 24-hour, confidential health information and advice from a registered nurse.
Sparwood Emergency Department services normally operate seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Interior Health regrets this interruption to service.
Interior HealthTags: Doctor shortageElkfordemergency department in SparwoodInterior HealthSparwood
Kimberley RCMP receive two new police vehicles> Read More
RCMP detachment open house May 21> Read More
11th annual Banner Launch> Read More
Disaster Financial Assistance approved for March flooding> Read More
Symphony’s April concerts will be great events> Read More
Mediator appointed by Labour Relations Board: BCGEU> Read More
St. Eugene serves lock out notice> Read More
ICE and Tigers series tied heading to game three> Read More