Home » Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care Centre
- Murder investigation steps up entering fifth anniversary
- RCMP in on search for missing Edmonton man
- Baker Street Café: new name and owners
- Land and Land Title act changes introduced
- Purcell Field House taking shape
- Outdoor Youth Leadership Program a success
- Don’t over charge me for vodka
- Free transit applications for low income residents
- Lease terms for adventure tourism operators increasing
- Just how stupid do they think we are?
Doctor shortage results in two-day closure of Sparwood Primary Health Care CentrePosted: July 17, 2012
Residents of the Sparwood and Elkford areas are advised that the emergency department in Sparwood will be closed Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22 due to limited physician availability. The emergency department will reopen on Monday, July 23, reported Interior Health today (July 17).
Sparwood and Elkford residents should take note of the following if they require care when the emergency department is closed:
In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
People who require non-urgent care can go to emergency department in Fernie (24/7).
If individuals are unsure about what services they require, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1.
The toll-free line provides 24-hour, confidential health information and advice from a registered nurse.
Sparwood Emergency Department services normally operate seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Interior Health regrets this interruption to service.
Interior HealthTags: Doctor shortageElkfordemergency department in SparwoodInterior HealthSparwood
The Commander in Chief is endangering Canadians> Read More
Don’t over charge me for vodka> Read More
Power of the short story in full display> Read More
Arts and culture support must be solid> Read More
What’s in a Name – Mitchell Range> Read More
Power down and switch off for Earth Hour> Read More
More than $5,000 raised for three charities> Read More
Lease terms for adventure tourism operators increasing> Read More