- Two men killed in industrial accident
- A eulogy for Seth Martin of the immortal Smoke Eaters
- Horoscope for the Week beginning Sept. 19
- Steam Donkey an incredible local coffee
- Man in hospital after serious MVA
- Aye, we arrrr – building a tradition
- Another level of quality from B.C. winemakers
- King Street xing work next week
- Beware of phishing schemes
- Boyhood opens Rotary Film Series Oct. 2
Don’t be alarmedPosted: June 15, 2012
If you are seeing helicopters flying low over the Cranbrook in the next couple of weeks, do not be alarmed.
The City of Cranbrook has advised e-KNOW that Talon Helicopters, of Richmond, will be conducting low level flights over the city and a number of other municipalities in the province beginning June 15 through to June 30.
“The low level flights will occur between the hours of 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. The purpose of the flights is aerial mapping of power lines for BC Hydro,” reported city communications director Chris Zettel.
Flights are also being made over Fernie during this time.
Tags: BC HydroTalon Helicopters
October at the Library> Read More
Valley GOGO Sisters hosting Kazuri Jewelry event> Read More
Boyhood opens Rotary Film Series Oct. 2> Read More
Maasai choir asks ‘Why Such Fear?’> Read More
Tanya Lipscomb giving Culture Days performance> Read More
New manager at Blue Lake Centre> Read More
Celebrating the abundance of the season> Read More
Home Energy Renovation Workshops upcoming> Read More