- Province toughens up impaired driving laws
- One in custody for home invasion; more arrests anticipated
- Home invasion shooting investigation continues
- Warm spring forecasted
- Notes from City Hall
- City taking part in Urban Deer Translocation project
- Valley community reaches deep for family
- Planned power outage upcoming
- Home invasion leads to shooting
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
Don’t be alarmedPosted: June 15, 2012
If you are seeing helicopters flying low over the Cranbrook in the next couple of weeks, do not be alarmed.
The City of Cranbrook has advised e-KNOW that Talon Helicopters, of Richmond, will be conducting low level flights over the city and a number of other municipalities in the province beginning June 15 through to June 30.
“The low level flights will occur between the hours of 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. The purpose of the flights is aerial mapping of power lines for BC Hydro,” reported city communications director Chris Zettel.
Flights are also being made over Fernie during this time.
Tags: BC HydroTalon Helicopters
Elkford Council News> Read More
Warm spring forecasted> Read More
Laura Smith to perform in Fernie> Read More
Winter in the Wild this weekend> Read More
SD5 Board Notes> Read More
Chamber Business Excellence Awards deadline nears> Read More
One in custody for home invasion; more arrests anticipated> Read More
City taking part in Urban Deer Translocation project> Read More