- Two in custody, third suspect sought for business B&E
- Three arrested following long weekend assault
- School zone speeding issue attacked
- Four arrested after large fight in local park
- Two competing markets a bad case scenario
- Child injured in assault by 28-year-old
- Horoscope for the week beginning May 22
- Proposed schedule for 2015 Roads Program
- Cocaine and pills seized in Cranbrook
- Open fires restriction begins Friday
Elkford names its bearPosted: July 26, 2012
The District of Elkford is one of the few communities around that has a concentrated and focused branding exercise underway.
Award-winning and respected far afield, the town’s branding campaign is a captivating, warm and humorous depiction of the ‘town at the start of the road.’
And now – the bear has a name. Samson.
During the week of May 20 – 26, the district participated in Local Government Awareness Week.
In an effort to help youth learn about the vital role local government plays in their day-to-day lives, the district held contests for elementary and high school children. The district hosted a ‘Name the Bear’ contest for elementary School children where the students were asked to provide a name for the Elkford bear and the reason why they thought the name was appropriate.
Staff then sent out a request to council asking that they select their three top favourite names from the student submissions that were received. The district received 25 entries in total. Based on council’s votes, the winners are:
1. Samson – submitted by Jered Plotnikoff, Grade 5
2. Buddy – submitted by Stephen Clerihew, Age 11
3. Osborn – submitted by Amber Foster, Grade 4
The official name of the Elkford bear is now Samson!
District of ElkfordTags: District of ElkfordJered PlotnikoffSamson‘Name the Bear’ contest
Two in custody, third suspect sought for business B&E> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning May 22> Read More
School zone speeding issue attacked> Read More
Three arrested following long weekend assault> Read More
Elk Valley Garage Sale supporting EKBIA> Read More
Proposed schedule for 2015 Roads Program> Read More
Two competing markets a bad case scenario> Read More
Meadowbrook Community Day June 13> Read More