- Six types of Facebook users to avoid
- It was just like home: Santa Claus
- Three key things in selling a home
- Cat found injured, bleeding at dump
- One month later
- College of the Rockies receives grant
- Locally-based officers help end Trans-Canada pursuit
- New monitor for monitors of the lake
- Cranbrook RCMP arrest US fugitive wanted by FBI
- 3 facts you need to know
Elkford names its bearPosted: July 26, 2012
The District of Elkford is one of the few communities around that has a concentrated and focused branding exercise underway.
Award-winning and respected far afield, the town’s branding campaign is a captivating, warm and humorous depiction of the ‘town at the start of the road.’
And now – the bear has a name. Samson.
During the week of May 20 – 26, the district participated in Local Government Awareness Week.
- Receive news and updates
- Sent weekly
- Unsubcribe any time
In an effort to help youth learn about the vital role local government plays in their day-to-day lives, the district held contests for elementary and high school children. The district hosted a ‘Name the Bear’ contest for elementary School children where the students were asked to provide a name for the Elkford bear and the reason why they thought the name was appropriate.
Staff then sent out a request to council asking that they select their three top favourite names from the student submissions that were received. The district received 25 entries in total. Based on council’s votes, the winners are:
1. Samson – submitted by Jered Plotnikoff, Grade 5
2. Buddy – submitted by Stephen Clerihew, Age 11
3. Osborn – submitted by Amber Foster, Grade 4
The official name of the Elkford bear is now Samson!
District of ElkfordTags: ‘Name the Bear’ contestDistrict of ElkfordJered PlotnikoffSamson
It was just like home: Santa Claus> Read More
Jets sweep through tourney> Read More
New monitor for monitors of the lake> Read More
ICE land scoring forward from Blazers> Read More
Six types of Facebook users to avoid> Read More
December at the Fernie Heritage Library> Read More
Gifts That Give Hope Dec. 5 at WFP> Read More
KCA student earns class pizza party> Read More