- RCMP find missing owner of vehicle
- If you care about earth’s future, the time for action is now
- Saskatoon man killed in Fairmont crash
- SD5 board asks sides to go to binding arbitration
- Studio/Stage Door feted on 40th anniversary
- Easy Black Forest Cake
- Missing man found
- One last sip of summer
- Horoscope for the Week beginning Sept. 12
- College board announces appointments
Elkford names its bearPosted: July 26, 2012
The District of Elkford is one of the few communities around that has a concentrated and focused branding exercise underway.
Award-winning and respected far afield, the town’s branding campaign is a captivating, warm and humorous depiction of the ‘town at the start of the road.’
And now – the bear has a name. Samson.
During the week of May 20 – 26, the district participated in Local Government Awareness Week.
In an effort to help youth learn about the vital role local government plays in their day-to-day lives, the district held contests for elementary and high school children. The district hosted a ‘Name the Bear’ contest for elementary School children where the students were asked to provide a name for the Elkford bear and the reason why they thought the name was appropriate.
Staff then sent out a request to council asking that they select their three top favourite names from the student submissions that were received. The district received 25 entries in total. Based on council’s votes, the winners are:
1. Samson – submitted by Jered Plotnikoff, Grade 5
2. Buddy – submitted by Stephen Clerihew, Age 11
3. Osborn – submitted by Amber Foster, Grade 4
The official name of the Elkford bear is now Samson!
District of ElkfordTags: District of ElkfordJered PlotnikoffSamson‘Name the Bear’ contest
One last sip of summer> Read More
If you care about earth’s future, the time for action is now> Read More
Easy Black Forest Cake> Read More
An excellent, lyrical, complex book> Read More
Studio/Stage Door feted on 40th anniversary> Read More
Horoscope for the Week beginning Sept. 12> Read More
SD5 board asks sides to go to binding arbitration> Read More
Have your say and win $1,000 to donate> Read More