- Home invasion leads to shooting
- Strong winds cause problems in Kimberley
- Mix of weather expected for long weekend
- Fund established for injured miner
- No justification for secrecy
- Sight clearance work on Highway 93 in KNP
- City exploring seasonal patios for downtown
- RCMP seek owner of ladder
- Valley community reaches deep for family
- Dashboard warning lights you must heed
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
Bernie Sanders confounds the naysayers> Read More
Home ownership for new Canadians> Read More
Jana’s Mom is cool> Read More
Novel looks at self delusion in pursuit of pleasure> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Strong winds cause problems in Kimberley> Read More
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
No justification for secrecy> Read More