- Arrest made after stabbing
- $1,000 prize waiting to be claimed
- Four impaired drivers taken off the road
- B&Es reported early Monday morning
- Obituary for Arnold Stewart
- International recognition for the Idlewild Peace Park
- Free workshop on mold at COTR
- Arts, culture and heritage grant applications available
- Hospital stay couldn’t have been better
- Obituary for John Oostenbrink
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
Snowmobiler dies in avalanche> Read More
Partnership provides funds for research project> Read More
Quick responses save Invermere man caught in avalanche> Read More
Last call for Wood Stove Exchange> Read More
Investigation finds unsafe bridges on forestry roads> Read More
Maidentrip: award-winning film of girl who sailed world solo> Read More
$1,000 prize waiting to be claimed> Read More
Free workshop on mold at COTR> Read More