- Assistance sought to locate overdue traveller
- Physician vacancies taxing regional ER
- Fiery moment at Wildstone
- Severe thunderstorm watch on for EK
- Jumbo monitoring camps established
- Illegal dumping under investigation
- Sexual assault in Edgewater area
- Federal cabinet minister at home in Cranbrook
- A chance to help valley youth
- Rodeo action and a trip to Disneyland
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
Elk Watershed Discovery Camp a success> Read More
Ongoing boat inspections recommended> Read More
Support available to hire students> Read More
The Freedom Climb> Read More
Jumbo monitoring camps established> Read More
Assistance sought to locate overdue traveller> Read More
Federal cabinet minister at home in Cranbrook> Read More
Physician vacancies taxing regional ER> Read More