- Cherry Lake wildfire now fire of note
- FSR restriction for Cherry Lake wildfire
- Hunters asked to stay away from wildfire areas
- BC Coroners seek public help with cold case ID
- Gordon Rice found deceased
- Four new fires southwest of city
- RCMP seek help in locating Creston woman
- The reason for drinking water odor
- We must carefully choose who we send to Ottawa
- Celebrity bartender pays off for SPCA
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
Nominations open for Business Excellence Awards> Read More
Every Picture Tells a Story> Read More
Celebrity bartender pays off for SPCA> Read More
Fading to Gerry Garcia> Read More
Getting your finances together in your 30s> Read More
Hunters asked to stay away from wildfire areas> Read More
An Icelandic Saga – in photos> Read More
Marc’s Tea> Read More