- Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city
- Additional flooding reported
- Embracing the beefiness with pot-roast
- City issues water quality advisory
- Local student empowered to change culture of bullying
- Localized flooding occurring around region
- Flooding eases in Cranbrook overnight
- OCP first draft ready for review
- Cranbrook offers support to Tim Bozon / family
- Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club> Read More
Silver medal for Kimberley’s Josh Dueck> Read More
Forbes list reveals a tale of two life styles> Read More
Coelho leads readers to ask deep and hard questions> Read More
February Night Watch> Read More
FRC services now available in village> Read More
Water quality advisory continued; flood conditions improved> Read More
RDEK to monitor conditions through weekend> Read More