- Trafficker arrested in Cranbrook
- Bomb threat closes Cranbrook Safeway
- A tough time of year to take on this challenge
- Make list and check twice for safe holiday travel
- Police seek info after shots fired at city home
- Horoscope for the week beginning Dec. 19
- U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley
- B.C. wine heading to grocery shelves in spring
- Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel
- Naked Wines offers amazing value
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
Rod & Gun Club offers deer capture services> Read More
Look Outside winners for November> Read More
November Burn Fund Calendar winner> Read More
Naked Wines offers amazing value> Read More
A tough time of year to take on this challenge> Read More
Stupid Disney Princesses> Read More
Exploring one of man’s most enduring passions> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More