- Info leads to arrests outside Cranbrook
- COs made aware of bobcat at JimSmith
- Mayor concerned about closures after accidents
- Important rules to follow in berry season
- Grizzly reported near mobile home park
- MOTI conducting satisfaction survey
- DOI bylaw officer getting workout
- Musical Ride coming to Fort Steele August 2
- New funding program supports tourism sector
- Their, ther, there, they’re…
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
First Saturdays celebrations today> Read More
Their, ther, there, they’re…> Read More
Sara Blaedel gives ‘that extra’> Read More
Info leads to arrests outside Cranbrook> Read More
New funding program supports tourism sector> Read More
MOTI conducting satisfaction survey> Read More
Open Garden Day on display> Read More
Fourth Flathead BioBlitz aims to catalogue species> Read More