- RCMP bust two connected to local drug operation
- This needs to make us think and act
- Fernie awarded grant for cycling infrastructure
- Minimum wage to increase Sept. 15
- RDEK stresses emergency preparedness
- Local aid package being assembled for Fort McMurray
- Cranbrook SAR rescue hiker off Fisher
- Never met, but never forgotten
- Grassfire quickly contained at Fort Steele
- Young boy found by searchers
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
Horoscope for the week beginning May 6> Read More
ICE select Peyton Krebs first overall> Read More
RDEK stresses emergency preparedness> Read More
Real Talks provide leadership in prevention> Read More
Ram into Summer tees-off June 13> Read More
Recreation Infrastructure Grants announced> Read More
Valdy performing in Fernie May 21> Read More
Refugee fundraiser planned for July> Read More