- Charges approved in two-year-old fraud investigation
- Campaign underway to replace books lost in fire
- Winter tire time has begun (sorry)
- Intoxicated rowdies simmer when one is jailed
- Show and Shine’s 25th run given classic treatment
- College welding apprentice attending nat’l conference
- Two men killed in industrial accident
- The book on yielding to pedestrians
- Parastone on track for launch of newest neighbourhood
- Bones, beer and boogie – an October feast
Heroin and coke seized in Radium bustPosted: June 19, 2012
Columbia Valley RCMP may have shut down a hard drug operation in Radium Hot Springs when a June 16 bust resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and money.
As a result of an ongoing investigation, a search warrant was executed at 7330 Copper Horn Drive in Radium Hot Springs at 10:30 p.m. June 16, under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The result of the search resulted in the seizure of heroin, cocaine and a sum of money along with evidence to indicate charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking, reported Columbia Valley RCMP Detachment NCO S/Sgt. Marko Shehovac.
A 39-year-old female and 38-year-old male were arrested and are being held in custody for a bail hearing to be conducted June 20 at Invermere Provincial Court. However, since the arrest, Crown Counsel has approved only charges against the female, at this time.
“The residence is occupied by persons known to the police,” Shehovac noted.
The investigation is continuing.
e-KNOWTags: Columbia Valley RCMPheroin and coke bustRadium Hot SpringsS/Sgt. Marko Shehovac
Blissett to run for Cranbrook city council> Read More
Local government election information for candidates> Read More
French immersion up in SD5; down in SD6> Read More
Open house tomorrow for election candidates> Read More
Campaign underway to replace books lost in fire> Read More
The book on yielding to pedestrians> Read More
Intoxicated rowdies simmer when one is jailed> Read More
Volunteers needed to launch Shoebox campaign> Read More