- No reports of suspicious van targeting children
- Police request help in locating stolen vehicle
- McCormick outlines 10 ideas to help Kimberley
- Serious head injuries in truck bed tumble
- Shuswap leadership under scrutiny for salaries
- RCMP seek witnesses to serious assault
- A license to file charges Friday night
- Action on Kimberley’s economic development front
- Man missing from Creston area
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
Invermere Hospital going dark July 19Posted: July 12, 2012
Interior Health is advising residents that the Invermere and District Hospital will be experiencing a planned power outage at 9 a.m. on July 19, to allow BC Hydro to complete work necessary to support the hospital heliport upgrade. The outage will last up to six hours.
The hospital will remain open during this time. However, Interior Health is requesting those with less urgent needs to delay their visit to the emergency department until after 3 p.m. on July 19, or contact their family physician.
IH Communications officer Karl Hardt explained, “As with all hospitals, Invermere does have a back-up generator in order to sustain services when regular power supply is interrupted. However, it is a back-up system and we do try to limit the power draw on this generator to ensure core services are not impacted. This is why we are asking non-urgent patients to delay their visit to the emergency department until after this scheduled power outage.”
Any residents with urgent care needs should not hesitate in coming to the emergency department or calling 9-1-1.
If you are unsure what services you need, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 for confidential health information and advice from a registered nurse.
Interior HealthTags: BC HydroInterior HealthInvermere and District Hospital
City applies to bring West Fernie into fold> Read More
Wild & Scenic Film Fest coming to Kimberley> Read More
Shuswap leadership under scrutiny for salaries> Read More
Horoscope for the Week beginning Oct. 31> Read More
Hairy Scary!> Read More
Breast cancer awareness fundraiser Nov. 1> Read More
Candidates provide some answers for voters> Read More
Fernie Council Connection> Read More