- A eulogy for Seth Martin of the immortal Smoke Eaters
- Two men killed in industrial accident
- Aye, we arrrr – building a tradition
- Steam Donkey an incredible local coffee
- Horoscope for the Week beginning Sept. 19
- Boyhood opens Rotary Film Series Oct. 2
- 2014 Hunting Regulations Synopsis now available
- Series of charges for impaired driver after hit and run
- Another level of quality from B.C. winemakers
- Redstreak Mountain Prescribed Fire ignition due
Invermere Hospital going dark July 19Posted: July 12, 2012
Interior Health is advising residents that the Invermere and District Hospital will be experiencing a planned power outage at 9 a.m. on July 19, to allow BC Hydro to complete work necessary to support the hospital heliport upgrade. The outage will last up to six hours.
The hospital will remain open during this time. However, Interior Health is requesting those with less urgent needs to delay their visit to the emergency department until after 3 p.m. on July 19, or contact their family physician.
IH Communications officer Karl Hardt explained, “As with all hospitals, Invermere does have a back-up generator in order to sustain services when regular power supply is interrupted. However, it is a back-up system and we do try to limit the power draw on this generator to ensure core services are not impacted. This is why we are asking non-urgent patients to delay their visit to the emergency department until after this scheduled power outage.”
Any residents with urgent care needs should not hesitate in coming to the emergency department or calling 9-1-1.
If you are unsure what services you need, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 for confidential health information and advice from a registered nurse.
Interior HealthTags: BC HydroInterior HealthInvermere and District Hospital
October at the Library> Read More
Valley GOGO Sisters hosting Kazuri Jewelry event> Read More
Boyhood opens Rotary Film Series Oct. 2> Read More
Maasai choir asks ‘Why Such Fear?’> Read More
Tanya Lipscomb giving Culture Days performance> Read More
New manager at Blue Lake Centre> Read More
Celebrating the abundance of the season> Read More
Home Energy Renovation Workshops upcoming> Read More