- ICE advance to semi final match-up against Tigers
- Bill 4 puts BC Parks in peril: environmental groups
- SD5 Board Notes
- Arts, culture and heritage grant applications available
- Spring Honda Fun Run wins ALSSBC award
- Open air burning restricted in city
- Double deer dinger near Brisco
- Romeo & Juliet comes to Key City Theatre
- How quick can you mop up the water in your basement?
- Fire department open house May 17
Kootenay River Bridge reconstruction underwayPosted: May 23, 2012
The bridge over the Kootenay River located at the 13-km mark on the Palliser Forest Service Road will be under construction starting today (May 22) until about June 29.
Access to the Palliser and Cross River Forest Service Roads will not be possible from Kootenay National Park / Hwy 93/Settlers Road during this time.
The road will be closed and there will be no access over the bridge (pictured above). Alternate access to the Palliser and Cross River Forest Service Roads will be through Canal Flats.
Access to the following recreation facilities will be via Canal Flats and the Kootenay River Forest Service Road :
Cross River Canyon Recreation Site( Natural Bridge area),
Marvel Pass Recreation Trail,
Assiniboine Lake Recreation Trail,
Assiniboine Provincial Park,
Whiteman Pass Recreation Trail
Height of the Rockies Provincial Park,
Findlay Creek Recreation Site,
Fenwick Lake Recreation Site,
Palliser /Albert Recreation Site
Other sites and trails in the area.
Recreation Officer, Rocky Mountain District
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
8,000 animal abuse/neglect cases investigated each year> Read More
Cat found with pellet gun wounds, gash in neck> Read More
CVCC president steps down> Read More
Kinsmen Casino Night May 3 at Legion> Read More
Should technology be used as a babysitter?> Read More
Education Minister meets with SD5> Read More
Open air burning restricted in city> Read More
Fire department open house May 17> Read More