- Fundraiser for Sparwood man battling cancer
- This isn’t cold for those who remember 1950
- Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash
- Area director tries to kibosh OCP amendment
- Cornwell is a master of detail
- Kootenay Authors' Book Fair and Sale this Saturday
- Did you hear about the driver who…?
- Niedermayer plaque ceremony December 27
- Two dead in crash near Moyie
- Flathead border site location of multi-discipline camp
Kootenay River Bridge reconstruction underwayPosted: May 23, 2012
The bridge over the Kootenay River located at the 13-km mark on the Palliser Forest Service Road will be under construction starting today (May 22) until about June 29.
Access to the Palliser and Cross River Forest Service Roads will not be possible from Kootenay National Park / Hwy 93/Settlers Road during this time.
The road will be closed and there will be no access over the bridge (pictured above). Alternate access to the Palliser and Cross River Forest Service Roads will be through Canal Flats.
Access to the following recreation facilities will be via Canal Flats and the Kootenay River Forest Service Road :
Cross River Canyon Recreation Site( Natural Bridge area),
Marvel Pass Recreation Trail,
Assiniboine Lake Recreation Trail,
Assiniboine Provincial Park,
Whiteman Pass Recreation Trail
Height of the Rockies Provincial Park,
Findlay Creek Recreation Site,
Fenwick Lake Recreation Site,
Palliser /Albert Recreation Site
Other sites and trails in the area.
Recreation Officer, Rocky Mountain District
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Celestial Rhythms – Week 50> Read More
Area director tries to kibosh OCP amendment> Read More
Canadian Museum of Rail Travel seeks community feedback> Read More
Signature book honours Nelson Mandela> Read More
Niedermayer plaque ceremony December 27> Read More
Special health care chairs arrive> Read More
Second season of Cranbrook’s Public Produce Garden a big success> Read More
SPCA benefits from 13th annual Pictures with Santa> Read More