- Help this man keep wearing this bra
- Canada changed today: Wilks
- Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife
- Fund established to help Kimberley family
- McIntosh wants to give back to Cranbrook
- Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23
- Headbanger Festival returns to Radium
- Selenium issue not new for Elk Valley residents
- Fallen soldier honoured by courage and resolve
- Fatal crash still under investigation
Mark Creek rehab project tender awardedPosted: August 2, 2012
The contract for construction of the first of the three-phase Mark Creek Flume – Flood Management and Stream Rehabilitation Project, has been awarded to Copcan Contracting Limited.
Construction for this phase will cover the lower third of the flume from just below BJ’s Creekside Pub south to Jennings Avenue. Copcan has experience with Kimberley infrastructure projects, and has been involved with water main and sewer upgrades in Kimberley, as well as the upgrading of Highway 95A.
A planning and logistics meeting will take place between the City and the Contractor the week of August 6, and construction is expected to begin shortly thereafter. Residents are advised to look out for heavy machinery in the vicinity and along Highway 95A/Wallinger Avenue beginning mid-August.
Similarly, residents are advised that the St. Mary’s bridge will be removed during construction, to be eventually replaced with a footbridge.
Two public meetings have been held on the design solution for the Mark Creek Flume. The next public meeting will be held the week of August 27, to provide an update on construction activities. Further announcements are forthcoming.
City of KimberleyTags: City of KimberleyCopcan Contracting LimitedMark Creek Flume
McIntosh wants to give back to Cranbrook> Read More
All-Candidates’ Forum Nov. 3 in Elkford> Read More
Selenium issue not new for Elk Valley residents> Read More
Midyette eager for debate and discussion> Read More
Chamber hosting all-candidate forums> Read More
Walk/Run to help send Kids to Blue Lake Camp> Read More
Educating kids the highlight of my position> Read More
Fallen soldier honoured by courage and resolve> Read More