- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- Air lifted cyclist NHL player
- Beer, spray paint and Flume swimming don’t mix
- Cyclist airlifted to Calgary after collision
- Cranbrook RCMP searching for missing man
- Camping options around Cranbrook
- Water line break closes 2nd Street South
- Health care support contract positions available
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
Mark Creek rehab project tender awardedPosted: August 2, 2012
The contract for construction of the first of the three-phase Mark Creek Flume – Flood Management and Stream Rehabilitation Project, has been awarded to Copcan Contracting Limited.
Construction for this phase will cover the lower third of the flume from just below BJ’s Creekside Pub south to Jennings Avenue. Copcan has experience with Kimberley infrastructure projects, and has been involved with water main and sewer upgrades in Kimberley, as well as the upgrading of Highway 95A.
A planning and logistics meeting will take place between the City and the Contractor the week of August 6, and construction is expected to begin shortly thereafter. Residents are advised to look out for heavy machinery in the vicinity and along Highway 95A/Wallinger Avenue beginning mid-August.
Similarly, residents are advised that the St. Mary’s bridge will be removed during construction, to be eventually replaced with a footbridge.
Two public meetings have been held on the design solution for the Mark Creek Flume. The next public meeting will be held the week of August 27, to provide an update on construction activities. Further announcements are forthcoming.
City of KimberleyTags: City of KimberleyCopcan Contracting LimitedMark Creek Flume
A look at JulyFest No. 42> Read More
AIDS Walk for Life EK August 24> Read More
Beery good news from Elk River Alliance> Read More
1,944 holes and a hole-in-one> Read More
Park-on-Us-Campaign returning> Read More
Scenes from the Night Market> Read More
Driver confusion causes extensive damage> Read More
Air lifted cyclist NHL player> Read More