- Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast
- Cyclist airlifted to Calgary after collision
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
- No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest
- Top three finishes for local wakeboarders in Alberta
- Heroin, meth, cash and crack cocaine seized
- Searchers locate missing cliff jumper’s body
- Search for Alex Brown continues
- West Fernie restructure to proceed say prelim results
- 6th Street N reconstruction to begin Monday
Truck forfeited to the Crown after conviction for traffickingPosted: July 7, 2012
On June 14, the B.C. Provincial Court ordered forfeiture of a defendant’s truck after he was convicted of drug trafficking. On Feb 16, 2011, Kimberley RCMP entered into an investigation under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
Dustin Fletcher was subsequently arrested for trafficking. Located on his person was four ounces of marijuana along with evidence to support a charge of trafficking.
On June 14, the judge sentenced him to a three month condition sentence with numerous conditions. One of which is he must complete 15 hours of community service.
A 1992 Dodge Dakota pickup truck was deemed to be offence-related and as such the court ordered it forfeited even though it was not registered to the accused. The accused was in a relationship with the registered owner and had complete access to the vehicle.
Kimberley RCMPTags: Kimberley RCMP
June Burn Fund Calendar winner> Read More
6th Street N reconstruction to begin Monday> Read More
Cyclist airlifted to Calgary after collision> Read More
Top three finishes for local wakeboarders in Alberta> Read More
Flathead Bat BioBlitz may help endangered bats> Read More
The arts are alive and growing in Elkford> Read More
College’s Mobile Simulator on maiden voyage> Read More
Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast> Read More