- RCMP bust two connected to local drug operation
- This needs to make us think and act
- Cranbrook SAR rescue hiker off Fisher
- Never met, but never forgotten
- Minimum wage to increase Sept. 15
- Local aid package being assembled for Fort McMurray
- Grassfire quickly contained at Fort Steele
- Young boy found by searchers
- Nine wolves removed from South Selkirks
- Cranbrook RCMP Report
Truck forfeited to the Crown after conviction for traffickingPosted: July 7, 2012
On June 14, the B.C. Provincial Court ordered forfeiture of a defendant’s truck after he was convicted of drug trafficking. On Feb 16, 2011, Kimberley RCMP entered into an investigation under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
Dustin Fletcher was subsequently arrested for trafficking. Located on his person was four ounces of marijuana along with evidence to support a charge of trafficking.
On June 14, the judge sentenced him to a three month condition sentence with numerous conditions. One of which is he must complete 15 hours of community service.
A 1992 Dodge Dakota pickup truck was deemed to be offence-related and as such the court ordered it forfeited even though it was not registered to the accused. The accused was in a relationship with the registered owner and had complete access to the vehicle.
Kimberley RCMPTags: Kimberley RCMP
31st annual Kootenay Children’s Festival Saturday> Read More
Minimum wage to increase Sept. 15> Read More
RCMP bust two connected to local drug operation> Read More
This needs to make us think and act> Read More
Fun, fitness, fresh air on Move for Health Day> Read More
Fort Mac wildfire stresses importance of WUI> Read More
Local aid package being assembled for Fort McMurray> Read More
COTR welcomes new Creston Campus manager> Read More