- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
Truck forfeited to the Crown after conviction for traffickingPosted: July 7, 2012
On June 14, the B.C. Provincial Court ordered forfeiture of a defendant’s truck after he was convicted of drug trafficking. On Feb 16, 2011, Kimberley RCMP entered into an investigation under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
Dustin Fletcher was subsequently arrested for trafficking. Located on his person was four ounces of marijuana along with evidence to support a charge of trafficking.
On June 14, the judge sentenced him to a three month condition sentence with numerous conditions. One of which is he must complete 15 hours of community service.
A 1992 Dodge Dakota pickup truck was deemed to be offence-related and as such the court ordered it forfeited even though it was not registered to the accused. The accused was in a relationship with the registered owner and had complete access to the vehicle.
Kimberley RCMPTags: Kimberley RCMP
Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP> Read More
First Saturday Celtic party with Cod Gone Wild> Read More
Dusty Downhill this Saturday> Read More
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More