- Hospital stay couldn’t have been better
- Run off watches still occurring
- Highway 93 expected to re-open later today
- Annual Career and Job Fair Wednesday
- $133k in grants are investments in youth
- Basement flooding not impacting programs at library
- Self fill sandbag station at Jaffray Pub
- Sand and sandbags mobilized for Elk Valley
- Old Man Luedecke with Jordie Lane at Arts Station
- Chamber luncheon at COTR March 12
MP handing out two Diamond Jubilee MedalsPosted: August 13, 2012
On August 24 Kootenay-Columbia MP David Wilks will be presenting Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Medals to two Columbia Valley residents during a special ceremony at the Lions Club Hall at the Invermere crossroads.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s medals are awarded to recipients for their significant achievements and contributions to their communities.
Wilks will be presenting medals to extremely well-known and deserving residents, including Radium Hot Springs’ Phyllis Jackson and Windermere resident Anne Picton.
The ceremony begins at 11:30 a.m., with a light lunch at noon and it concludes at 1 p.m.
International recognition for the Idlewild Peace Park> Read More
Fire chief recognized for quarter century service> Read More
Four impaired drivers taken off the road> Read More
B&Es reported early Monday morning> Read More
Arrest made after stabbing> Read More
Self fill sandbag station at Jaffray Pub> Read More
Annual Career and Job Fair Wednesday> Read More
Highway 93 expected to re-open later today> Read More