- Patio applications now being taken
- Bill 4 puts BC Parks in peril: environmental groups
- SD5 Board Notes
- Elk Valley Community Priorities Plan complete
- Effort underway to help Cranbrook family
- Charity game raised $737 for Burn Fund
- Obituary for Bruce Ferg
- It is time to move on regarding DCCs
- Arts, culture and heritage grant applications available
- WayLyn closure forces change to 2014 Golf Card
Massive interest in Cranbrook councilPosted: October 15, 2011
City of Cranbrook voters have a glut of candidates to wade through when they make their decisions for a new mayor and council Nov. 19.
Four candidates have filed for the mayoral seat being vacated by Scott Manjak and 14 people are vying for six council seats.
Long-time councillor Jim Wavrecan and 2008 mayoral candidate Wayne Stetski are being joined on the mayor ballot by Pat O’Connell John York.
Meanwhile, incumbent councilors Angus Davis, Denise Pallesen, Diana J Scott and Bob Whetham are being joined on a packed ballot by Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce president Sean Campbell, Sharon Cross, Jim Fennell, Dave Hall, David Humphrey, Paulette Johnson, Jay Savage, Connor Stewart, Tasy Strouzas and Gerry Warner.
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: City of CranbrookJim WavrecanWayne Stetski
Wildsight presents Watermark and Ktunaxa water perspectives> Read More
Funding supports wildlife conflict prevention program> Read More
Still time to do flood/landslide service survey> Read More
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
WayLyn closure forces change to 2014 Golf Card> Read More
In Search of a Blood Red Moon> Read More
Elk Valley Community Priorities Plan complete> Read More
Business before Business breakfast at BJs> Read More