- COs made aware of bobcat at JimSmith
- Mayor concerned about closures after accidents
- DOI bylaw officer getting workout
- Kimberley’s SunMine powers up
- Another medical marijuana dispensary interested
- Successful fundraising drive celebrated
- Police seek diamond rings owner
- Simple mistake or a telling portrait?
- Campfires still banned in Southeast Fire Centre
- Musical Ride coming to Fort Steele August 2
Sparwood candidates’ forum Nov. 8Posted: October 26, 2011
District of Sparwood voters have a chance to see who’s who in terms of candidates running for mayor and council in the Nov. 19 election when the Sparwood Chamber of Commerce hosts a Nov. 8 candidates’ forum.
Start time for the forum is 7 p.m. at the Causeway Bay Hotel.
Three people are taking a shot at the mayor’s seat vacated by David Wilks, who captured the Kootenay-Columbia riding seat for the Conservative Party in last spring’s federal election.
Lois Halko and Peter Templin, currently members of Sparwood council, and Bev Bellina are the mayoral candidates.
Council incumbents Sharon Fraser and Margaret McKie are seeking re-election while eight other residents are also vying for the six council seats.
They are: Hungry Baytaluke, Paul Hebert, Andy McIntyre, Norma McDougall, Ron (Sonny) Saad, Rose Sharma, Joanne Wilton and Muriel Stickney.
e-KNOWTags: Andy McIntyreBev BellinaDistrict of SparwoodHungry BaytalukeJoanne WiltonLois HalkoMargaret McKieMuriel StickneyNorma McDougallPaul HebertPeter TemplinRon (Sonny) SaadRose SharmaSharon FraserSparwood Chamber of Commerce
Info leads to arrests outside Cranbrook> Read More
New funding program supports tourism sector> Read More
MOTI conducting satisfaction survey> Read More
Open Garden Day on display> Read More
Fourth Flathead BioBlitz aims to catalogue species> Read More
Mayor concerned about closures after accidents> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning July 31> Read More
Fernie awarded grant for cycling infrastructure> Read More