- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
- Busy weekend dealing with alcohol for RCMP
Sparwood candidates’ forum Nov. 8Posted: October 26, 2011
District of Sparwood voters have a chance to see who’s who in terms of candidates running for mayor and council in the Nov. 19 election when the Sparwood Chamber of Commerce hosts a Nov. 8 candidates’ forum.
Start time for the forum is 7 p.m. at the Causeway Bay Hotel.
Three people are taking a shot at the mayor’s seat vacated by David Wilks, who captured the Kootenay-Columbia riding seat for the Conservative Party in last spring’s federal election.
Lois Halko and Peter Templin, currently members of Sparwood council, and Bev Bellina are the mayoral candidates.
Council incumbents Sharon Fraser and Margaret McKie are seeking re-election while eight other residents are also vying for the six council seats.
They are: Hungry Baytaluke, Paul Hebert, Andy McIntyre, Norma McDougall, Ron (Sonny) Saad, Rose Sharma, Joanne Wilton and Muriel Stickney.
e-KNOWTags: Andy McIntyreBev BellinaDistrict of SparwoodHungry BaytalukeJoanne WiltonLois HalkoMargaret McKieMuriel StickneyNorma McDougallPaul HebertPeter TemplinRon (Sonny) SaadRose SharmaSharon FraserSparwood Chamber of Commerce
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More
Kimberley Kaleidoscope workshop opportunities still available> Read More
‘Cakes with all the trimmings in Elko> Read More
Kimberley City Bakery celebrates first anniversary> Read More