- Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast
- No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
- West Fernie restructure to proceed say prelim results
- Par 3 Charity Golf Tourney has amazing prizes
- Heroin, meth, cash and crack cocaine seized
- Search for Alex Brown continues
- Sheep deaths at Greenhills under investigation
- The Boom Booms headlining Invermere MusicFest
- Searchers locate missing cliff jumper’s body
Sparwood candidates’ forum Nov. 8Posted: October 26, 2011
District of Sparwood voters have a chance to see who’s who in terms of candidates running for mayor and council in the Nov. 19 election when the Sparwood Chamber of Commerce hosts a Nov. 8 candidates’ forum.
Start time for the forum is 7 p.m. at the Causeway Bay Hotel.
Three people are taking a shot at the mayor’s seat vacated by David Wilks, who captured the Kootenay-Columbia riding seat for the Conservative Party in last spring’s federal election.
Lois Halko and Peter Templin, currently members of Sparwood council, and Bev Bellina are the mayoral candidates.
Council incumbents Sharon Fraser and Margaret McKie are seeking re-election while eight other residents are also vying for the six council seats.
They are: Hungry Baytaluke, Paul Hebert, Andy McIntyre, Norma McDougall, Ron (Sonny) Saad, Rose Sharma, Joanne Wilton and Muriel Stickney.
e-KNOWTags: Andy McIntyreBev BellinaDistrict of SparwoodHungry BaytalukeJoanne WiltonLois HalkoMargaret McKieMuriel StickneyNorma McDougallPaul HebertPeter TemplinRon (Sonny) SaadRose SharmaSharon FraserSparwood Chamber of Commerce
Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast> Read More
Green Party nominations open> Read More
Par 3 Charity Golf Tourney has amazing prizes> Read More
The Boom Booms headlining Invermere MusicFest> Read More
West Fernie restructure to proceed say prelim results> Read More
Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows> Read More
No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest> Read More
Plein Air painting all the rage at Kimberley Kaleidoscope> Read More