- Locally-based officers help end Trans-Canada pursuit
- Knee-knocking tester for Miracle on Baker
- Start in Cranbrook for Black Friday
- Church group seeks to sponsor Syrian refugee family
- Horoscope for the week beginning Nov. 27
- Santa Claus Parade Friday evening
- Cranbrook RCMP arrest US fugitive wanted by FBI
- Generous heart brings activities to Psych Unit
- A flood of successes during a year of drought
- Say goodbye to lounge restrictions in restaurants
Sparwood candidates’ forum Nov. 8Posted: October 26, 2011
District of Sparwood voters have a chance to see who’s who in terms of candidates running for mayor and council in the Nov. 19 election when the Sparwood Chamber of Commerce hosts a Nov. 8 candidates’ forum.
Start time for the forum is 7 p.m. at the Causeway Bay Hotel.
- Receive news and updates
- Sent weekly
- Unsubcribe any time
Three people are taking a shot at the mayor’s seat vacated by David Wilks, who captured the Kootenay-Columbia riding seat for the Conservative Party in last spring’s federal election.
Lois Halko and Peter Templin, currently members of Sparwood council, and Bev Bellina are the mayoral candidates.
Council incumbents Sharon Fraser and Margaret McKie are seeking re-election while eight other residents are also vying for the six council seats.
They are: Hungry Baytaluke, Paul Hebert, Andy McIntyre, Norma McDougall, Ron (Sonny) Saad, Rose Sharma, Joanne Wilton and Muriel Stickney.
e-KNOWTags: Andy McIntyreBev BellinaDistrict of SparwoodHungry BaytalukeJoanne WiltonLois HalkoMargaret McKieMuriel StickneyNorma McDougallPaul HebertPeter TemplinRon (Sonny) SaadRose SharmaSharon FraserSparwood Chamber of Commerce
The game store> Read More
Adler-Olsen creates an excellent moral everyman> Read More
With right leadership, we can build energy future we want> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
George Majic Spiritus Award winner named> Read More
College launches training program in Caribbean> Read More
Holiday Window Decorating Contest> Read More
Generous heart brings activities to Psych Unit> Read More