- Man missing from Creston area
- Police request help in locating stolen vehicle
- Serious head injuries in truck bed tumble
- McCormick outlines 10 ideas to help Kimberley
- Impaired driver causes crash
- RCMP seek witnesses to serious assault
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
- A license to file charges Friday night
- Community & Business Excellence Awards presented
- Ghost Train arriving at Fort Steele
Sparwood candidates’ forum Nov. 8Posted: October 26, 2011
District of Sparwood voters have a chance to see who’s who in terms of candidates running for mayor and council in the Nov. 19 election when the Sparwood Chamber of Commerce hosts a Nov. 8 candidates’ forum.
Start time for the forum is 7 p.m. at the Causeway Bay Hotel.
Three people are taking a shot at the mayor’s seat vacated by David Wilks, who captured the Kootenay-Columbia riding seat for the Conservative Party in last spring’s federal election.
Lois Halko and Peter Templin, currently members of Sparwood council, and Bev Bellina are the mayoral candidates.
Council incumbents Sharon Fraser and Margaret McKie are seeking re-election while eight other residents are also vying for the six council seats.
They are: Hungry Baytaluke, Paul Hebert, Andy McIntyre, Norma McDougall, Ron (Sonny) Saad, Rose Sharma, Joanne Wilton and Muriel Stickney.
e-KNOWTags: Andy McIntyreBev BellinaDistrict of SparwoodHungry BaytalukeJoanne WiltonLois HalkoMargaret McKieMuriel StickneyNorma McDougallPaul HebertPeter TemplinRon (Sonny) SaadRose SharmaSharon FraserSparwood Chamber of Commerce
Heritage Grains Workshop upcoming> Read More
Decade of Education for Sustainable Development ends> Read More
Allison Au Quartet Nov. 4 at Arts Station> Read More
Know Your Watershed is out of the gate> Read More
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
Chamber takes steps to improve voter turnout> Read More
Johns seeks third term to continue work> Read More
Stay informed in the hysterical bubble and help defeat terror> Read More