- Four arrested after extensive RCMP effort
- Police search for hit and run driver
- Dog-napping in Cranbrook
- Cranbrook among Best Cities for Work in B.C.
- Police hunt for B&E suspect in Southview area
- High-risk arrest completed; witnesses sought
- RCMP seek info on a home invasion
- Cranbrook Canadian Tire moving
- Identity sought for serial robbery suspect
- CDAC has sights set on a permanent home
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
High-risk arrest completed; witnesses sought> Read More
Police search for hit and run driver> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning Jan. 30> Read More
Wetlands should be B.C.’s top conservation priority: NCC> Read More
Le Vent du Nord at Key City Feb. 10> Read More
RMD’s Crashed Cars produces $10,000 for EKFH> Read More
Kootenay Savings shares profits for 22nd year> Read More
Four arrested after extensive RCMP effort> Read More