- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
- Cranbrook athlete gets bursary at BC Summer Games
- Busy weekend dealing with alcohol for RCMP
- Camp continues at Blue Lake
- Local Food in the Kitchen Workshops teach food preservation
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The perfect summer steakhouse burger
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats> Read More
Elkford Council News> Read More
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
New FM station approved for the East Kootenay> Read More
Busy weekend dealing with alcohol for RCMP> Read More
Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing> Read More
Local Food in the Kitchen Workshops teach food preservation> Read More
Columbia Valley Tour of the Arts back for seventh run> Read More