- Fundraiser for Sparwood man battling cancer
- Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash
- Did you hear about the driver who…?
- Kootenay Authors' Book Fair and Sale this Saturday
- This isn’t cold for those who remember 1950
- Only ethical course is to transition away from fossil fuels
- Area director tries to kibosh OCP amendment
- Cornwell is a master of detail
- Niedermayer plaque ceremony December 27
- Holiday train returning to region
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
Celestial Rhythms – Week 50> Read More
Area director tries to kibosh OCP amendment> Read More
Canadian Museum of Rail Travel seeks community feedback> Read More
Signature book honours Nelson Mandela> Read More
Niedermayer plaque ceremony December 27> Read More
Special health care chairs arrive> Read More
Second season of Cranbrook’s Public Produce Garden a big success> Read More
SPCA benefits from 13th annual Pictures with Santa> Read More