- Never met, but never forgotten
- Dogs shot dead in Elkford
- Council ignoring democracy with in camera decisions
- Omitted CAA guideline pivotal and critical
- Brenda Byman’s disappearance haunts family 51 years later
- Cranbrook RCMP seeks assistance in missing person case
- How to pay for renovations with your mortgage
- Hot Car Report
- Don’t take for granted you have mortgage life insurance
- Local decision-making critical for the land base
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
City supports Emergency Preparedness Week> Read More
Walk With Your Doc events coming to EK> Read More
Skills training funds for students with disabilities> Read More
City hires Water Smart Ambassador for summer> Read More
Emergency services gather to promo preparedness> Read More
ShelterBox program will provide relief in Nepal> Read More
Hot Car Report> Read More
Short closures on trail tomorrow> Read More