- Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city
- Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95
- Localized flooding occurring around region
- Canadian and BC Team members race in Kimberley
- Urban deer survey includes high level overview
- Time management workshops coming to region
- KAT hits all corners of the province
- Multicultural Society conducting logo contest
- Embracing the beefiness with pot-roast
- Fernie Book Bike Project launched
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
Localized flooding occurring around region> Read More
Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city> Read More
KAT hits all corners of the province> Read More
Canadian and BC Team members race in Kimberley> Read More
Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95> Read More
Urban deer survey includes high level overview> Read More
EK Employment Share Your Success draw> Read More
Time management workshops coming to region> Read More