- ICE advance to semi final match-up against Tigers
- Bill 4 puts BC Parks in peril: environmental groups
- SD5 Board Notes
- Spring Honda Fun Run wins ALSSBC award
- Arts, culture and heritage grant applications available
- CVCC president steps down
- Should technology be used as a babysitter?
- Cat found with pellet gun wounds, gash in neck
- City backing 20-minute makeover
- 8,000 animal abuse/neglect cases investigated each year
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Kootenay Import Auto Group says “thank you”> Read More
Big Sugar and Wide Mouth Mason JulyFest bound> Read More
City backing 20-minute makeover> Read More
Koocanusa burn ‘hit the window’ and ‘stayed in the box’> Read More
8,000 animal abuse/neglect cases investigated each year> Read More
Cat found with pellet gun wounds, gash in neck> Read More
CVCC president steps down> Read More
Kinsmen Casino Night May 3 at Legion> Read More