- Bomb threat closes Cranbrook Safeway
- Horoscope for the week beginning Dec. 19
- Police seek info after shots fired at city home
- U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley
- Trafficker arrested in Cranbrook
- Hospital upgrade project progressing
- Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel
- Crash kills power for chunk of city
- Cranbrook chamber welcomes Site C approval
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Exploring one of man’s most enduring passions> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Wasa hosting Winter Festival Dec. 31> Read More
Make list and check twice for safe holiday travel> Read More
B.C. wine heading to grocery shelves in spring> Read More
U.S. Senate legislation affecting Flathead River Valley> Read More
Tradition of giving lives at Rocky Mountain Diesel> Read More
Hospital upgrade project progressing> Read More