- Fund established to help Kimberley family
- Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife
- Help this man keep wearing this bra
- Challenge highlights food access issues
- Fatal crash still under investigation
- Highway 3 closed after fatality accident
- Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23
- Hot Car Report
- Utility rate increases for Kimberley
- Grizzly attack survivor stable in Calgary
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23> Read More
Help this man keep wearing this bra> Read More
Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5> Read More
Diana J. eyeing third term on council> Read More
All Candidate Forums in the Columbia Valley> Read More
Remaining council meetings to be broadcast> Read More
The flu shot protects you and others> Read More
Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife> Read More