- Home invasion leads to shooting
- City exploring seasonal patios for downtown
- Fund established for injured miner
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Armed robbery at Sparwood Heights store
- Sight clearance work on Highway 93 in KNP
- MP backs fight to halt statue in national park
- RCMP seek owner of ladder
- Valley community reaches deep for family
- Dashboard warning lights you must heed
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
No justification for secrecy> Read More
Family Fun Snow Day Feb. 7> Read More
Scholarships presented> Read More
Mix of weather expected for long weekend> Read More
Big prizes and plans in place for Family Fun Derby> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning Feb. 5> Read More
Home invasion leads to shooting> Read More
Stephen Fearing Fernie-bound> Read More