- Two men killed in industrial accident
- Man in hospital after serious MVA
- RCMP find missing owner of vehicle
- Saskatoon man killed in Fairmont crash
- Women’s team aims to build interest in hockey
- A picture perfect day for fourth Salmon Festival
- Traffic signals to be updated
- New president for Kimberley Chamber
- One last sip of summer
- Horoscope for the Week beginning Sept. 12
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Public info forum on Radon Sept. 29> Read More
Teachers ratify agreement, end strike> Read More
Park on Us today> Read More
August Burn Fund Calendar winner> Read More
Two men killed in industrial accident> Read More
Six in the Stix Mountain Biking Festival this weekend> Read More
Man in hospital after serious MVA> Read More
Women’s team aims to build interest in hockey> Read More