- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- Air lifted cyclist NHL player
- Beer, spray paint and Flume swimming don’t mix
- Cyclist airlifted to Calgary after collision
- Camping options around Cranbrook
- Cranbrook RCMP searching for missing man
- Water line break closes 2nd Street South
- Health care support contract positions available
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Scenes from the Night Market> Read More
Driver confusion causes extensive damage> Read More
Air lifted cyclist NHL player> Read More
Seeking Sam Steele smiles> Read More
Camping options around Cranbrook> Read More
Health care support contract positions available> Read More
The Cromoli Brothers present Hello Kimberley!> Read More
Water line break closes 2nd Street South> Read More