- Help this man keep wearing this bra
- Canada changed today: Wilks
- Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife
- Fund established to help Kimberley family
- McIntosh wants to give back to Cranbrook
- Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23
- Headbanger Festival returns to Radium
- Selenium issue not new for Elk Valley residents
- Fallen soldier honoured by courage and resolve
- Fatal crash still under investigation
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
McIntosh wants to give back to Cranbrook> Read More
All-Candidates’ Forum Nov. 3 in Elkford> Read More
Selenium issue not new for Elk Valley residents> Read More
Midyette eager for debate and discussion> Read More
Chamber hosting all-candidate forums> Read More
Walk/Run to help send Kids to Blue Lake Camp> Read More
Educating kids the highlight of my position> Read More
Fallen soldier honoured by courage and resolve> Read More