- ICE advance to semi final match-up against Tigers
- Valley ‘leaders’ ask Clark to approve Jumbo
- Patio applications now being taken
- SD5 Board Notes
- Gullibility (also not) a mental disorder
- Spring Honda Fun Run wins ALSSBC award
- Nature Trust purchases 'missing link' Wigwam Flats property
- Another crack at the yoga chain world record
- Bill 4 puts BC Parks in peril: environmental groups
- The reasonableness standard
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Camilleri delights all the senses> Read More
Jillian Michaels broke my bra> Read More
Meet Kyla Cornish: Mommy is Weird> Read More
Local government is non-partisan> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Another crack at the yoga chain world record> Read More
Trust’s environmental focus renewed> Read More
Rockies fundraising for new team bus> Read More