- Info leads to arrests outside Cranbrook
- COs made aware of bobcat at JimSmith
- Mayor concerned about closures after accidents
- Important rules to follow in berry season
- Musical Ride coming to Fort Steele August 2
- Grizzly reported near mobile home park
- Capt. Smarm calls an election
- MOTI conducting satisfaction survey
- DOI bylaw officer getting workout
- Advice for renewing your mortgage
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
MP looks forward to campaign> Read More
Why, start with Why? Part 4> Read More
Capt. Smarm calls an election> Read More
Sexy health includes knowing your HIV status> Read More
Advice for renewing your mortgage> Read More
First Saturdays celebrations today> Read More
Their, ther, there, they’re…> Read More
Sara Blaedel gives ‘that extra’> Read More