- Fairmont boy approached, offered candy
- Quiet revisions in OCP are concerning
- Iconic Canadian rock comes to WFP
- BC Coroners Service identifies backcountry skier
- Multiple other fire starts in blaze vicinity: RCMP
- Schiller Kootenay Granite Stone Soup Chef 2015
- SunMine nears completion
- Grown men brought to tears at Griz Days
- Backcountry skiing fatality
- Griz Days 2015 a beaut
12th annual fishing derby Jan. 28Posted: December 17, 2011
The Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley make the best use of Lake Windermere out of all the Columbia Valley’s not-for-profit groups.
The first of their two big winter fund-raising events is running Jan. 28 when they are hosting the 12th annual Fishing Derby.
Tickets are $35 each and they can be obtained at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, which will also once again be the headquarters for the derby and post-event locale.
The derby runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
As usual, there will be lots of prizes available, with three cash prizes for the biggest fish caught. The cash prizes will depend upon the number of entrants registered.
The other big winter event is the annual Snow Golf Tourney.
e-KNOWTags: Fishing DerbyKinsmen Club of Windermere ValleyLake WindermereRay Ray’s Beach Pub
Family Fun Derby lives up to name> Read More
Columbia Valley RCMP Report> Read More
March is Distracted Driving Enforcement month> Read More
Fairmont boy approached, offered candy> Read More
SunMine nears completion> Read More
Wapiti readies for fifth festival> Read More
Avalanche Canada gets $325,000 from Trust> Read More
COTR gets funds to expand industrial training programs> Read More