- Winter road maintenance causing concerns
- More traffic than ever but less maintenance on our highways
- Coroners identifies victims of motor vehicle crash
- RDEK board showed sound leadership
- Kootenays flooding eligible for disaster financial assistance
- Area director tries to kibosh OCP amendment
- Star trail dances above Hosmer
- Horoscope for the Week beginning Dec. 21
- Walkers encouraged to use WFP concourse
- 16 projects receive support from CBT’s Youth Grants Program
Click to support Kimberley’s Nordic Club win $25kPosted: July 4, 2012
Kimberley’s Nordic Club is in the finals for a $25,000 prize in the Kraft Celebration Tour! The money will go to building a garage for our aging SnowCat, and for junior skier programs.
All we need to win is to out-vote Creston on July 9 (a week from now). Voting starts at 10 a.m. (MST) (9 on the coast) on Monday, and goes until 9:59 a.m. on Tuesday. Just go to the website www.kraftcelebrationtour.ca , go to the Kimberley page (NOT Creston), and hit “Submit.” You can vote as many times as you like during that 24 hour period. This is one instance where ballot-box stuffing is not only legal, it’s encouraged!
The Kimberley Nordic Club has done so much for so many people – not just in Kimberley, but Cranbrook and beyond. Hundreds and hundreds of people use the club’s facilities year-round. Both Johanna and Colin have benefitted so much from their programs, and I know that all the skiing I’ve done has kept me happy and healthy. The Jackrabbit Program has helped hundreds of kids learn the skills to keep fit through skiing – a true “sport for life” — and have fun in the process. Please take a few minutes next Monday to vote, and help the Kimberley Nordic Club.
Invermere project one of 26 to get Age-friendly grants> Read More
Star trail dances above Hosmer> Read More
Fire risks increase during the holidays> Read More
More traffic than ever but less maintenance on our highways> Read More
Walkers encouraged to use WFP concourse> Read More
Help Light a Star event extended to New Year> Read More
RDEK Board Highlights> Read More
Winter road maintenance causing concerns> Read More