- Highways closed by fire and accident
- Calgary motorcyclist killed on Mile Hill
- Two wildfires burning in East Kootenay
- Understanding the levels of evacuation
- Evacuation order for Kragmont area
- Evacuation Order lifted; Alert in place
- Campfires, open fires, fireworks banned across B.C.
- The times, they are a’changing
- Landfill fire generating smoke by Fort Steele
- Time to eradicate border rat weasels
Furious3 in FerniePosted: July 5, 2012
It is billed as an epic mountain biking adventure that is open to any and all who are interested.
And Fernie is a town that is completely lousy with mountain bikers.
So it is no surprise that several hundred hardy pedal-heads seized the opportunity for organized adventure in Fernie, June 30 to July 2, in the Furious3.
“Fernie has a little bit of every kind of riding imaginable. There are steep singletrack uphills, technical downhills, flowing bermy trails, rainforest routes and leisurely fun trails. Furious3 incorporates some of all of these and more to make what we think is the perfect mountain bike challenge,” notes furious3.com.
Furious3 also operates races in Whistler and Moab, Utah.
For race results please check out: http://www.furious3.com/Furious_3_Race_Cumulative_by_Division_Final.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: FernieFurious3Mountain biking in the Rockies
Baynes Lake, Spilli fires still under attack> Read More
Canada Day at Moir Park> Read More
The times, they are a’changing> Read More
Campfires, open fires, fireworks banned across B.C.> Read More
Evacuation Order lifted; Alert in place> Read More
Landfill fire generating smoke by Fort Steele> Read More
Your weekly Halo-scopes> Read More
Understanding the levels of evacuation> Read More