- New leads as double homicide fifth anniversary arrives
- Temporary shutdowns coming for Teck mines
- MacKay visit a blown opportunity: Stetski
- Alberta woman killed in motorcycle crash
- Fire sends one person to hospital
- Gord Johnston earns prestigious city award
- Frivolous spending
- Horoscope for the week beginning May 29
- Wednesday structure fire ruled accidental
- Bear sightings in Fernie and Sparwood
Furious3 in FerniePosted: July 5, 2012
It is billed as an epic mountain biking adventure that is open to any and all who are interested.
And Fernie is a town that is completely lousy with mountain bikers.
So it is no surprise that several hundred hardy pedal-heads seized the opportunity for organized adventure in Fernie, June 30 to July 2, in the Furious3.
“Fernie has a little bit of every kind of riding imaginable. There are steep singletrack uphills, technical downhills, flowing bermy trails, rainforest routes and leisurely fun trails. Furious3 incorporates some of all of these and more to make what we think is the perfect mountain bike challenge,” notes furious3.com.
Furious3 also operates races in Whistler and Moab, Utah.
For race results please check out: http://www.furious3.com/Furious_3_Race_Cumulative_by_Division_Final.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: FernieFurious3Mountain biking in the Rockies
Gord Johnston earns prestigious city award> Read More
COTR provides retraining for Canfor employees> Read More
College alum shortlisted for writing award> Read More
CVCF appoints new executive director> Read More
Wasa Fun Day Saturday> Read More
Bear sightings in Fernie and Sparwood> Read More
City holding Citizen Satisfaction Survey> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning May 29> Read More