- Cherry Lake wildfire now fire of note
- FSR restriction for Cherry Lake wildfire
- Hunters asked to stay away from wildfire areas
- BC Coroners seek public help with cold case ID
- Gordon Rice found deceased
- Four new fires southwest of city
- RCMP seek help in locating Creston woman
- The reason for drinking water odor
- We must carefully choose who we send to Ottawa
- Celebrity bartender pays off for SPCA
Johnson / Kloos Memorial Family Poker Ride Sunday, June 24Posted: June 22, 2012
Come out and help honour a couple of late Columbia Valley MTB legends, Brian “BJ” Johnson and Erwin “Goat Boy” Kloos with a famliy fun poker ride this Sunday, June 24.
The fun Columbia Valley Cycling Society (CVCS)-maintained Johnson and Kloosifier Trails are named in honour of these great riders and friends.
Who: You, your family, and friends (don’t forget your bikes).
What: A memorial family poker ride (five cards will be distributed over the course. Best poker hand wins half the pot. Other half to CVCS).
Where: Meet at Lake Lillian parking lot.
When: Sunday, June 24. Registration begins at 11 a.m., ride begins at noon (BBQ lunch to follow after the ride).
Why: Celebrate the memory of these great men and help raise a little dough for the bike club. Who knows you may even win half the pot!
Cost: $20 per hand (more hands = more chances to win!)
Volunteers needed. Events like these don’t just happen, they require the help of numerous volunteers. If you can help out for a few hours this Sunday drop us a line at [email protected] .
CVCSTags: Brian "BJ" JohnsoColumbia Valley Cycling SocietyColumbia Valley MTB legendsCVCSErwin "Goat Boy" Kloos
Nominations open for Business Excellence Awards> Read More
Every Picture Tells a Story> Read More
Celebrity bartender pays off for SPCA> Read More
Fading to Gerry Garcia> Read More
Getting your finances together in your 30s> Read More
Hunters asked to stay away from wildfire areas> Read More
An Icelandic Saga – in photos> Read More
Marc’s Tea> Read More