- Horoscope for the week beginning April 29
- 2016 Youth Ambassador candidates introduced
- Coroners confirms identity of deceased sledder
- Local recognized for dedicated service
- Sustainable Community Builder of the Year named
- Nurses Trail closed, now revitalized
- Inaugural competition rocks house
- Possible suspect played it cool at collision scene
- New substance use beds planned
- City recommends funding for 37 organizations
Johnson / Kloos Memorial Family Poker Ride Sunday, June 24Posted: June 22, 2012
Come out and help honour a couple of late Columbia Valley MTB legends, Brian “BJ” Johnson and Erwin “Goat Boy” Kloos with a famliy fun poker ride this Sunday, June 24.
The fun Columbia Valley Cycling Society (CVCS)-maintained Johnson and Kloosifier Trails are named in honour of these great riders and friends.
Who: You, your family, and friends (don’t forget your bikes).
What: A memorial family poker ride (five cards will be distributed over the course. Best poker hand wins half the pot. Other half to CVCS).
Where: Meet at Lake Lillian parking lot.
When: Sunday, June 24. Registration begins at 11 a.m., ride begins at noon (BBQ lunch to follow after the ride).
Why: Celebrate the memory of these great men and help raise a little dough for the bike club. Who knows you may even win half the pot!
Cost: $20 per hand (more hands = more chances to win!)
Volunteers needed. Events like these don’t just happen, they require the help of numerous volunteers. If you can help out for a few hours this Sunday drop us a line at email@example.com .
CVCSTags: Brian "BJ" JohnsoColumbia Valley Cycling SocietyColumbia Valley MTB legendsCVCSErwin "Goat Boy" Kloos
RM Naturalists Celebrate Earth Week> Read More
Exploring yesterday…today> Read More
A strong and forceful debut> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Inaugural competition rocks house> Read More
Source to mouth at the same time> Read More
Sustainable Community Builder of the Year named> Read More
GoGo Grannies Garage Sale Saturday> Read More