- Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city
- Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95
- Canadian and BC Team members race in Kimberley
- Localized flooding occurring around region
- Urban deer survey includes high level overview
- Time management workshops coming to region
- Fernie Book Bike Project launched
- Multicultural Society conducting logo contest
- NDP abandoning rural B.C.: Bennett
- Bozon in critical condition in Saskatoon hospital
Johnson / Kloos Memorial Family Poker Ride Sunday, June 24Posted: June 22, 2012
Come out and help honour a couple of late Columbia Valley MTB legends, Brian “BJ” Johnson and Erwin “Goat Boy” Kloos with a famliy fun poker ride this Sunday, June 24.
The fun Columbia Valley Cycling Society (CVCS)-maintained Johnson and Kloosifier Trails are named in honour of these great riders and friends.
Who: You, your family, and friends (don’t forget your bikes).
What: A memorial family poker ride (five cards will be distributed over the course. Best poker hand wins half the pot. Other half to CVCS).
Where: Meet at Lake Lillian parking lot.
When: Sunday, June 24. Registration begins at 11 a.m., ride begins at noon (BBQ lunch to follow after the ride).
Why: Celebrate the memory of these great men and help raise a little dough for the bike club. Who knows you may even win half the pot!
Cost: $20 per hand (more hands = more chances to win!)
Volunteers needed. Events like these don’t just happen, they require the help of numerous volunteers. If you can help out for a few hours this Sunday drop us a line at [email protected] .
Localized flooding occurring around region> Read More
Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city> Read More
KAT hits all corners of the province> Read More
Canadian and BC Team members race in Kimberley> Read More
Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95> Read More
Urban deer survey includes high level overview> Read More
EK Employment Share Your Success draw> Read More
Time management workshops coming to region> Read More