- International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club
- Forbes list reveals a tale of two life styles
- Additional flooding reported
- Water quality advisory continued; flood conditions improved
- Silver medal for Kimberley’s Josh Dueck
- February Night Watch
- Coelho leads readers to ask deep and hard questions
- City issues water quality advisory
- Cranbrook offers support to Tim Bozon / family
- Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city
Kinsmen hosted 11th annual Snow Golf TournamentPosted: February 10, 2012
Each year it’s different.
One year the ice on Lake Windermere’s Taynton Bay is free of snow; the next it is two to three feet deep.
Whatever the conditions – FORE!
Saturday, Feb. 4 was the Kinsmen Club of Windermere Valley’s 11th annual Snow Golf Tournament, held on the lake-side of the White Way and in conjunction with the B.C. Pond Hockey Championship at Kinsmen Beach.
The conditions this year? A bit of both. Equal amounts of bare ice and packed snow made for a challenging and fun 18-hole course. While only 16 teams of four took part, the tourney was once again a colourful diversion for people playing in it and watching.
Many White Way users enjoyed watching the antics, and hopefully none had to duck an errant shot. Additionally, tourists visiting to watch the pond hockey tourney were also given a quirky peek into life in the Columbia Valley.
The day’s event wound up at Ray Ray’s Beach Pub, where Kinsmen Club members, such as Bud Dearin, Kelly Love and Steve Kuffler tallied the results and handed out prizes.
Money raised in the tourney will be returned to the community by the Kinsmen Club.
International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club> Read More
Silver medal for Kimberley’s Josh Dueck> Read More
Forbes list reveals a tale of two life styles> Read More
Coelho leads readers to ask deep and hard questions> Read More
February Night Watch> Read More
FRC services now available in village> Read More
Water quality advisory continued; flood conditions improved> Read More
RDEK to monitor conditions through weekend> Read More