- Charges approved in two-year-old fraud investigation
- Campaign underway to replace books lost in fire
- Parastone on track for launch of newest neighbourhood
- Winter tire time has begun (sorry)
- Two men killed in industrial accident
- Intoxicated rowdies simmer when one is jailed
- Local Food in the Kitchen returns with workshops
- Show and Shine’s 25th run given classic treatment
- Burn targets hit; more planned weather depending
- College welding apprentice attending nat’l conference
Riders back to workPosted: August 22, 2012
By George Hurlbut
Fernie Ghostriders head coach and general manager Barry Wolff arrived in Fernie on August 18.
Wolff took over the hockey team in May after Will Verner left but spent the summer at his townhouse in Langley, working hockey schools there and across the province. He has also attended several BCHL camps and the U17 as well.
We are writing this because several people have been wondering why the new coach wasn’t here in Fernie. Rider fans should actually be happy Wolff spent most of the summer away from Fernie as he was coaching the very players he and the other Kootenay International Junior Hockey League (KIJHL) teams are trying to recruit and will now have a good read on the players who will be available after the BCHL makes their final cuts in a few weeks.
Wolff had little time settling into his new apartment as he was be on the ice on Monday, August 20 when the Ghostriders’ conditioning camp began.
The conditioning camp runs until August 24.
The public is welcome to come out and watch.
Monday-Tuesday- Wednesday -Thursday – Practice 6-7 p.m.
Dryland 7:15-7:45 p.m.
Scrimage 8-9 p.m.
Friday Game 6-8 p.m.Tags: Barry WolffFernie GhostridersGeorge HurlbutKootenay International Junior Hockey LeagueWill Verner
Local government election information for candidates> Read More
French immersion up in SD5; down in SD6> Read More
Open house tomorrow for election candidates> Read More
Campaign underway to replace books lost in fire> Read More
The book on yielding to pedestrians> Read More
Intoxicated rowdies simmer when one is jailed> Read More
Volunteers needed to launch Shoebox campaign> Read More
Winter tire time has begun (sorry)> Read More