- 2nd St. South disruption this morning
- Calgary firefighter drowns in Columbia Lake
- RCMP seek help in Elkford assault case
- High temps prompt heat stress alert
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Next steps in theatre replacement discussed
- Campfire ban coming for Southeast Fire Centre
- Fires being battled near Cranbrook
- Random act of kindness
- Fireworks cancelled as temperatures soar
Wildhorse fun races begin June 17Posted: May 31, 2012
The first Wildhorse Cycling Club’s Fun Race of the season is less than three weeks away.
The first of two races is set for Sunday, June 17, during Sam Steele Days and the second is Sunday, July 22.
Both events will take place at the Eager Hills Fraggle Rock parking area (turn off Hwy. 3/95 just past the SPCA).
The races are good-natured and are a great community celebration for all ages. Volunteers and spectators welcome.
There is a free, fun kids’ circuit and race geared toward four to 12 year olds and a fundraising BBQ following the race.
Membership fees and profits from events will go toward trail maps and signage, group rides, event organization, insurance, legal trails, trail building and maintenance.
Pre registration is encouraged; pay on race day.
Visit bikewildhorse.ca for course information.
Wildhorse Cycling Club
Tags: Wildhorse Cycling ClubWildhorse Cycling Club’s Fun Race
Discussion begins on future of park land in Wilmer> Read More
Random act of kindness> Read More
Columbia Valley RCMP Report> Read More
Kudos to the Sam Steele Society and volunteers> Read More
Campfire, fireworks ban for Fernie> Read More
High temps prompt heat stress alert> Read More
Watch for Cone Zoned areas: Mainroad> Read More
Steamboat back for fourth festival> Read More