- No reports of suspicious van targeting children
- Police request help in locating stolen vehicle
- Man missing from Creston area
- RCMP seek witnesses to serious assault
- Serious head injuries in truck bed tumble
- McCormick outlines 10 ideas to help Kimberley
- Impaired driver causes crash
- A license to file charges Friday night
- Action on Kimberley’s economic development front
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
VAD remains hugely popularPosted: July 26, 2012
Valley Appreciation Day (VAD) in Invermere (July 21) was another smash success as several thousand people made their way along main street and 13th Avenue taking in the combined Farmers’ Market and VAD sights, sounds and smells.
The always-popular pancake breakfast, served up by the valley’s service clubs, fueled families for the fun to come. The fun included go-kart races, live entertainment, the Gagne’s Logging Show and more, including a carnival-like atmosphere of food, crafts, produce, flowers, information and art booths, stretching for a couple of ‘Invermere blocks.’
Despite the closure of the Trans-Canada Highway at Banff the evening before, from a mudslide, and a powerful micro-burst packing storm that seems to have spent the bulk of its energy of Cranbrook 140 kms away, the crowd at VAD seemed about as large as ever – proving you can’t keep a good community party down for long.
Once again, the weather cooperated wonderfully, with bright sunshine the order of the morning.
Click on an image to enlarge and to begin self-directed slide show.
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: InvermereVADValley Appreciation Day
Horoscope for the Week beginning Oct. 31> Read More
Hairy Scary!> Read More
Breast cancer awareness fundraiser Nov. 1> Read More
Candidates provide some answers for voters> Read More
Fernie Council Connection> Read More
No reports of suspicious van targeting children> Read More
Action on Kimberley’s economic development front> Read More
Heritage Grains Workshop upcoming> Read More