- Two in custody, third suspect sought for business B&E
- Three arrested following long weekend assault
- School zone speeding issue attacked
- Four arrested after large fight in local park
- Two competing markets a bad case scenario
- Child injured in assault by 28-year-old
- Horoscope for the week beginning May 22
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Cocaine and pills seized in Cranbrook
- Open fires restriction begins Friday
VAD remains hugely popularPosted: July 26, 2012
Valley Appreciation Day (VAD) in Invermere (July 21) was another smash success as several thousand people made their way along main street and 13th Avenue taking in the combined Farmers’ Market and VAD sights, sounds and smells.
The always-popular pancake breakfast, served up by the valley’s service clubs, fueled families for the fun to come. The fun included go-kart races, live entertainment, the Gagne’s Logging Show and more, including a carnival-like atmosphere of food, crafts, produce, flowers, information and art booths, stretching for a couple of ‘Invermere blocks.’
Despite the closure of the Trans-Canada Highway at Banff the evening before, from a mudslide, and a powerful micro-burst packing storm that seems to have spent the bulk of its energy of Cranbrook 140 kms away, the crowd at VAD seemed about as large as ever – proving you can’t keep a good community party down for long.
Once again, the weather cooperated wonderfully, with bright sunshine the order of the morning.
Click on an image to enlarge and to begin self-directed slide show.
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: InvermereVADValley Appreciation Day
Two in custody, third suspect sought for business B&E> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning May 22> Read More
School zone speeding issue attacked> Read More
Three arrested following long weekend assault> Read More
Elk Valley Garage Sale supporting EKBIA> Read More
Proposed schedule for 2015 Roads Program> Read More
Two competing markets a bad case scenario> Read More
Meadowbrook Community Day June 13> Read More