- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- White Tail Brook fire 10% contained
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
VAD remains hugely popularPosted: July 26, 2012
Valley Appreciation Day (VAD) in Invermere (July 21) was another smash success as several thousand people made their way along main street and 13th Avenue taking in the combined Farmers’ Market and VAD sights, sounds and smells.
The always-popular pancake breakfast, served up by the valley’s service clubs, fueled families for the fun to come. The fun included go-kart races, live entertainment, the Gagne’s Logging Show and more, including a carnival-like atmosphere of food, crafts, produce, flowers, information and art booths, stretching for a couple of ‘Invermere blocks.’
Despite the closure of the Trans-Canada Highway at Banff the evening before, from a mudslide, and a powerful micro-burst packing storm that seems to have spent the bulk of its energy of Cranbrook 140 kms away, the crowd at VAD seemed about as large as ever – proving you can’t keep a good community party down for long.
Once again, the weather cooperated wonderfully, with bright sunshine the order of the morning.
Click on an image to enlarge and to begin self-directed slide show.
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: InvermereVADValley Appreciation Day
Countless hiking options around Cranbrook> Read More
Days for Girls asks for all hands on deck> Read More
Chamber seeking new Executive Director> Read More
ICU starting to take shape> Read More
White Tail Brook fire 10% contained> Read More
Crucial to adhere to fire prohibitions: Thomson> Read More
Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP> Read More
First Saturday Celtic party with Cod Gone Wild> Read More