- No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
- Dangerous aquatic hitchhikers
- Heroin, meth, cash and crack cocaine seized
- Plein Air painting all the rage at Kimberley Kaleidoscope
- Search for Alex Brown continues
- Sheep deaths at Greenhills under investigation
- Police and SAR looking for 23-year-old Alex Brown
- Searchers locate missing cliff jumper’s body
- Will the Tesla electric vehicle defeat Big Oil?
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
- To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
- To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
- To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows> Read More
No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest> Read More
Plein Air painting all the rage at Kimberley Kaleidoscope> Read More
Lions Walk-a-Thon for Health Care> Read More
Trust releases 2013/14 annual report> Read More
Barbecue fundraiser for SummerSounds2014> Read More
‘Trump’eting a Virginia winery> Read More
Photo Finish begins July 31> Read More