- Young boy found by searchers
- Cranbrook RCMP Report
- Never met, but never forgotten
- Cranbrook SAR rescue hiker off Fisher
- Will US election lead to next invasion of Canada?
- Search on for lost two year old at Premier Lake
- Fire pits, outside burning need permits
- Local student makes top 10 in national contest
- City Hires 2016 Water Smart Ambassador
- A time to heal
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
– To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
– To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
– To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Cranbrook SAR rescue hiker off Fisher> Read More
Nine wolves removed from South Selkirks> Read More
Open house for seasonal outdoor patio bylaw> Read More
Let’s celebrate child-care workers> Read More
Sponsorship opportunities for Summer Day Camp> Read More
Greenhills gets another national safety trophy> Read More
At the Library> Read More
Odd Couple opens at Stage Door May 6> Read More