- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
- To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
- To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
- To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP> Read More
First Saturday Celtic party with Cod Gone Wild> Read More
Dusty Downhill this Saturday> Read More
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More