- Two men killed in industrial accident
- Man in hospital after serious MVA
- RCMP find missing owner of vehicle
- Saskatoon man killed in Fairmont crash
- Women’s team aims to build interest in hockey
- A picture perfect day for fourth Salmon Festival
- Traffic signals to be updated
- New president for Kimberley Chamber
- Business After Business returns Thursday at Bear’s
- Popularity of fee-based accounts and benefits to investors
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
– To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
– To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
– To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Clock Tower Square project begins Monday> Read More
Public info forum on Radon Sept. 29> Read More
Teachers ratify agreement, end strike> Read More
Park on Us today> Read More
August Burn Fund Calendar winner> Read More
Two men killed in industrial accident> Read More
Six in the Stix Mountain Biking Festival this weekend> Read More
Man in hospital after serious MVA> Read More