- ICE advance to semi final match-up against Tigers
- Patio applications now being taken
- Mayor’s Message Spring 2014
- Valley ‘leaders’ ask Clark to approve Jumbo
- March in the East Kootenay
- Celebrate BC Arts and Culture Week
- Spring Honda Fun Run wins ALSSBC award
- The reasonableness standard
- Habitat for Humanity family partner announced
- Prepare your child for Kindergarten
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
- To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
- To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
- To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Chamber getting funds for two student workers> Read More
First Saturdays returns May 3> Read More
Village holding Trash Bash April 26> Read More
March in the East Kootenay> Read More
Have you thanked a volunteer today?> Read More
Celebrate BC Arts and Culture Week> Read More
Mayor’s Message Spring 2014> Read More
Camilleri delights all the senses> Read More