- Goat hunters charged by griz
- 25,000 jobs?
- Brenda Byman’s disappearance haunts family 51 years later
- A crisis Canal Flats shouldn’t be forced to face
- A rookie pilot’s nightmare
- Phase one completion celebrated
- ICE deal another 20-year-old
- To oust Harper, don’t waste votes
- Highway 3 closed after fatality accident
- Tamarack Centre’s citywide cleanup a success
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
– To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
– To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
– To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
- Recieve news and updates
- Sent weekly
- Unsubcribe any time
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Lindsay Park students excel with Terry Fox Run> Read More
Animal rescue benefits from Playpen garage sale> Read More
RDEK Board Highlights> Read More
Columbia Valley RCMP Report> Read More
Fire prevention gets double coverage in Kimberley> Read More
Prescribed burns planned into mid-month> Read More
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
Notes from City Hall> Read More