- Four arrested after large fight in local park
- Two competing markets a bad case scenario
- Child injured in assault by 28-year-old
- Proposed schedule for 2015 Roads Program
- Open fires restriction begins Friday
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- Cocaine and pills seized in Cranbrook
- Two dogs attacked by cougars in Sparwood
- Jumbo OCP public hearing date set
- Detachment open house May 27
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
– To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
– To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
– To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Elk Valley Garage Sale supporting EKBIA> Read More
Proposed schedule for 2015 Roads Program> Read More
Two competing markets a bad case scenario> Read More
Meadowbrook Community Day June 13> Read More
Detachment open house May 27> Read More
MCA board installed at AGM> Read More
Open fires restriction begins Friday> Read More
Columbia Valley RCMP Report> Read More