- 2nd St. South disruption this morning
- Calgary firefighter drowns in Columbia Lake
- RCMP seek help in Elkford assault case
- High temps prompt heat stress alert
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
- High fire danger locally
- Fires being battled near Cranbrook
- Random act of kindness
- Next steps in theatre replacement discussed
- Campfire ban coming for Southeast Fire Centre
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
– To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
– To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
– To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
RDEK celebrates launch with West Fernie residents> Read More
Funding for local priorities in Kootenay East> Read More
SunMine generating electricity> Read More
Soil Mates Companion Planting Garden Workshop> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning July 3> Read More
High fire danger locally> Read More
Raffle helps out ICU> Read More
PTSD program benefits from BBQ> Read More