- Home invasion leads to shooting
- Mix of weather expected for long weekend
- Fund established for injured miner
- Sight clearance work on Highway 93 in KNP
- City exploring seasonal patios for downtown
- RCMP seek owner of ladder
- Valley community reaches deep for family
- No justification for secrecy
- Dashboard warning lights you must heed
- MP backs fight to halt statue in national park
Wandering around the Kimberley Village MarketPosted: July 30, 2012
Kimberley Village Market 2012 is in mid-flight at its new location at Lions Park, by the Marysville Arena.
Running every Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lions Park until Sept. 2, the market offers a perfect cross-section of what folks expect to find at such an event.
If you’re hungry, they’ve got that covered, such as fresh made fry bread, mouth-watering cinnamon buns or novel pies-in-a-jar. If you’re looking for something new and groovy to put on a wall, a countertop, tabletop, dining room table, fridge or your body – that’s covered, too. There are information booths, crafts, fresh produce and fruit, entertainment for the kids thanks to the Kimberley Independent School and much more.
The market was held in The Platzl last year but moved to Lions Park this summer.
Click on an image to enlarge and begin self-directed slideshow.
The Market Mission, according to the Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce is:
– To create a weekly ‘event’ that will create vitality and traffic for local businesses during the summer tourist season;
– To provide the opportunity for local artisans, growers and businesses to sell their product directly to the consumer at a central market;
– To foster social gathering, community activity, shopping locally and to showcase local entertainers;
For more on the market go to: http://www.kimberleychamber.com/documents/2012KIMBERLEYVILLAGEMARKETGUIDELINESandAPPLICATION_000.pdf
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Kimberley and District Chamber of CommerceKimberley Village Market 2012Lions ParkMarysville
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
No justification for secrecy> Read More
Family Fun Snow Day Feb. 7> Read More
Scholarships presented> Read More
Mix of weather expected for long weekend> Read More
Big prizes and plans in place for Family Fun Derby> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning Feb. 5> Read More
Home invasion leads to shooting> Read More