- Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city
- Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95
- Localized flooding occurring around region
- Canadian and BC Team members race in Kimberley
- Urban deer survey includes high level overview
- Time management workshops coming to region
- Fernie Book Bike Project launched
- KAT hits all corners of the province
- Bozon in critical condition in Saskatoon hospital
- NDP abandoning rural B.C.: Bennett
Snubbing secondary suites is prejudicedPosted: July 26, 2012
Letter to the editor
Snubbing secondary suites in communities like Windermere or Fairmont Hot Springs is a shortsighted and, I would even argue, prejudiced move.
By narrowing the scope of the Regional District of East Kootenay’s proposed secondary suites bylaw, you’re limiting the options for people seeking affordable accommodations. Essentially you’re suggesting sectors of the population like young people, families or single parents, who can’t necessarily afford to rent whole houses, are not welcome in some Columbia Valley communities.
Strong communities are composed from all sectors of the population, let’s not limit ourselves here.
Localized flooding occurring around region> Read More
Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city> Read More
KAT hits all corners of the province> Read More
Canadian and BC Team members race in Kimberley> Read More
Icy morning created havoc on Highway 93/95> Read More
Urban deer survey includes high level overview> Read More
EK Employment Share Your Success draw> Read More
Time management workshops coming to region> Read More