- Northwood home razed in suspicious blaze
- Multiple other fire starts in blaze vicinity: RCMP
- Horoscope for the week beginning Feb. 27
- Lock or lose it
- City hall takes a stand against bullying
- Let’s stop fighting amongst ourselves
- Chef Schiller going against Kathy Morey for title
- Dam breach concern forcing lake level lowering
- Record number nominated for awards
- CMCS directors ready for second festival
Snubbing secondary suites is prejudicedPosted: July 26, 2012
Letter to the editor
Snubbing secondary suites in communities like Windermere or Fairmont Hot Springs is a shortsighted and, I would even argue, prejudiced move.
By narrowing the scope of the Regional District of East Kootenay’s proposed secondary suites bylaw, you’re limiting the options for people seeking affordable accommodations. Essentially you’re suggesting sectors of the population like young people, families or single parents, who can’t necessarily afford to rent whole houses, are not welcome in some Columbia Valley communities.
Strong communities are composed from all sectors of the population, let’s not limit ourselves here.
Tags: Columbia Valley Secondary Suites BylawLetter to the EditorRegional District of East Kootenay
My Baby Bot> Read More
A cascade of poetic words> Read More
Surplus doesn’t help people or services> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Fix your credit while driving> Read More
Out of The Box returning> Read More
Chef Schiller going against Kathy Morey for title> Read More
Multiple other fire starts in blaze vicinity: RCMP> Read More