- RCMP seek help in Elkford assault case
- Calgary firefighter drowns in Columbia Lake
- Fireworks cancelled as temperatures soar
- Next steps in theatre replacement discussed
- 2nd St. South disruption this morning
- CFES handles many calls as storm rolls through
- Campfire ban coming for Southeast Fire Centre
- Injured bear in West Fernie
- Hot Car Report
- Fires being battled near Cranbrook
Snubbing secondary suites is prejudicedPosted: July 26, 2012
Letter to the editor
Snubbing secondary suites in communities like Windermere or Fairmont Hot Springs is a shortsighted and, I would even argue, prejudiced move.
By narrowing the scope of the Regional District of East Kootenay’s proposed secondary suites bylaw, you’re limiting the options for people seeking affordable accommodations. Essentially you’re suggesting sectors of the population like young people, families or single parents, who can’t necessarily afford to rent whole houses, are not welcome in some Columbia Valley communities.
Strong communities are composed from all sectors of the population, let’s not limit ourselves here.
Tags: Columbia Valley Secondary Suites BylawLetter to the EditorRegional District of East Kootenay
2nd St. South disruption this morning> Read More
A difficult journey with worthwhile understandings> Read More
Your Weekly Halo-scopes> Read More
Calgary firefighter drowns in Columbia Lake> Read More
Campfire ban coming for Southeast Fire Centre> Read More
Next steps in theatre replacement discussed> Read More
Strongman raffle aids SPCA> Read More
Injured bear in West Fernie> Read More