- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
Snubbing secondary suites is prejudicedPosted: July 26, 2012
Letter to the editor
Snubbing secondary suites in communities like Windermere or Fairmont Hot Springs is a shortsighted and, I would even argue, prejudiced move.
By narrowing the scope of the Regional District of East Kootenay’s proposed secondary suites bylaw, you’re limiting the options for people seeking affordable accommodations. Essentially you’re suggesting sectors of the population like young people, families or single parents, who can’t necessarily afford to rent whole houses, are not welcome in some Columbia Valley communities.
Strong communities are composed from all sectors of the population, let’s not limit ourselves here.
Tags: Columbia Valley Secondary Suites BylawLetter to the EditorRegional District of East Kootenay
Residents advised of scam; city files report with RCMP> Read More
First Saturday Celtic party with Cod Gone Wild> Read More
Dusty Downhill this Saturday> Read More
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More