- No reports of suspicious van targeting children
- Police request help in locating stolen vehicle
- Man missing from Creston area
- McCormick outlines 10 ideas to help Kimberley
- Serious head injuries in truck bed tumble
- RCMP seek witnesses to serious assault
- A license to file charges Friday night
- Impaired driver causes crash
- Action on Kimberley’s economic development front
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
Snubbing secondary suites is prejudicedPosted: July 26, 2012
Letter to the editor
Snubbing secondary suites in communities like Windermere or Fairmont Hot Springs is a shortsighted and, I would even argue, prejudiced move.
By narrowing the scope of the Regional District of East Kootenay’s proposed secondary suites bylaw, you’re limiting the options for people seeking affordable accommodations. Essentially you’re suggesting sectors of the population like young people, families or single parents, who can’t necessarily afford to rent whole houses, are not welcome in some Columbia Valley communities.
Strong communities are composed from all sectors of the population, let’s not limit ourselves here.
Tags: Columbia Valley Secondary Suites BylawLetter to the EditorRegional District of East Kootenay
Horoscope for the Week beginning Oct. 31> Read More
Hairy Scary!> Read More
Breast cancer awareness fundraiser Nov. 1> Read More
Candidates provide some answers for voters> Read More
Fernie Council Connection> Read More
No reports of suspicious van targeting children> Read More
Action on Kimberley’s economic development front> Read More
Heritage Grains Workshop upcoming> Read More