- Backcountry skiing fatality
- Crime Reduction Unit makes six drug related arrests
- New four-way stop approved
- Northwood home razed in suspicious blaze
- Multiple other fire starts in blaze vicinity: RCMP
- North Star Skating Club Presents Showcase 2015
- Memories of the restored 4090
- Dog-napping in Cranbrook
- Obituary for Robert William Stockell
- Bennett boosts budget over breakfast
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Quiet revisions in OCP are concerning> Read More
The Visionary & the Ghost of Pynelogs> Read More
Message from the Mayor – February> Read More
Coyotes make a living with their nose> Read More
New B.C. Early Years Centre launched> Read More
Theatre Boot Camp for kids> Read More
What’s the buzz in bee biology?> Read More
Irish Rovers pack Key City Theatre> Read More