- Two in custody, third suspect sought for business B&E
- Three arrested following long weekend assault
- School zone speeding issue attacked
- Four arrested after large fight in local park
- Two competing markets a bad case scenario
- Child injured in assault by 28-year-old
- Horoscope for the week beginning May 22
- Open fires restriction begins Friday
- Cocaine and pills seized in Cranbrook
- Columbia Valley RCMP Report
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Two in custody, third suspect sought for business B&E> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning May 22> Read More
School zone speeding issue attacked> Read More
Three arrested following long weekend assault> Read More
Elk Valley Garage Sale supporting EKBIA> Read More
Proposed schedule for 2015 Roads Program> Read More
Two competing markets a bad case scenario> Read More
Meadowbrook Community Day June 13> Read More