- Gordon Rice found deceased
- Four new fires southwest of city
- George “Doc” Lang obituary
- Crime spree field narrowed in Kimberley
- RCMP seek help in locating Creston woman
- Police still searching for Gordon Rice
- Kootenays can mitigate impacts of wildfires: Stetski
- RCMP seek missing city man
- Watchful eyes lead to stolen vehicle bust
- Smokey Skies Advisory in effect for Kootenays
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Potential fire hazard sparks discussion> Read More
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
Six ICE players to attend NHL training camps> Read More
Local wakeboarders podium at Nationals> Read More
Lucky 13 for Park On Us> Read More
Alliance adds new trails at Montane, Fernie> Read More
Public encouraged to battle invasive plants> Read More
Gordon Rice found deceased> Read More