- Suspect sought in JulyFest assault
- Building community thanks to volunteers and Habitat for Humanity
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- If your daughter could meet you
- The perfect summer steakhouse burger
- Air lifted cyclist NHL player
- A look at JulyFest No. 42
- Descriptive excellence can’t save novel
- Cranbrook RCMP searching for missing man
- Cyclist airlifted to Calgary after collision
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
The perfect summer steakhouse burger> Read More
CFUW Cranbrook readies to host 30th Artisan Bazaar> Read More
If your daughter could meet you> Read More
Descriptive excellence can’t save novel> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Walkabout Wordsmythes: prose, poetry, music to Centre 64> Read More
Building community thanks to volunteers and Habitat for Humanity> Read More
Suspect sought in JulyFest assault> Read More