- International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club
- Forbes list reveals a tale of two life styles
- Additional flooding reported
- Water quality advisory continued; flood conditions improved
- Silver medal for Kimberley’s Josh Dueck
- February Night Watch
- City issues water quality advisory
- Coelho leads readers to ask deep and hard questions
- Cranbrook offers support to Tim Bozon / family
- Rain/warm temps causing flooding issues around city
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
International Women’s Day & CFUW Cranbrook Club> Read More
Silver medal for Kimberley’s Josh Dueck> Read More
Forbes list reveals a tale of two life styles> Read More
Coelho leads readers to ask deep and hard questions> Read More
February Night Watch> Read More
FRC services now available in village> Read More
Water quality advisory continued; flood conditions improved> Read More
RDEK to monitor conditions through weekend> Read More