- ICE advance to semi final match-up against Tigers
- SD5 Board Notes
- Teck cutting 600 jobs worldwide
- Celestial Rhythms – April 2014
- Spring Honda Fun Run wins ALSSBC award
- Bill 4 puts BC Parks in peril: environmental groups
- Disaster Financial Assistance approved for March flooding
- Blue Lake Centre unveils new look
- Mayor’s Message Spring 2014
- 50 shops and households to make up Fernie Spring Clean
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Who jumped whom?> Read More
Careless burning results in wildfires> Read More
Province forming angling review committee> Read More
Mount Baker Wild Theatre enters new stream with Urinetown> Read More
Farmers’ Market coming to downtown Kimberley> Read More
50 shops and households to make up Fernie Spring Clean> Read More
Teck cutting 600 jobs worldwide> Read More
U13 Boys take bronze at provincials> Read More