- Avalanche warning for B.C. Interior ranges
- High-risk sex offender reported bound for Cranbrook
- Multiple charges following confinement and attack
- Vaccinate or mask before visiting health-care facilities
- Kootenay MLAs press Liberals for Jumbo answers
- Cold snap alert for East Kootenay
- Ecosystem restoration planned for Lot 48
- Old pyramid scheme but different name
- Horoscope for the week beginning Nov. 28
- Successful city son urges people to never quit
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Highway 3 closed at Sparwood> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning Nov. 28> Read More
Have your say and win $1,000 to donate> Read More
Ambassadors bring hospitals smiles> Read More
Fernie’s new council swearing in Dec. 1> Read More
Winter storm warning for Elk Valley> Read More
World’s best trained at Panorama> Read More
Avalanche warning for B.C. Interior ranges> Read More