- Valley ‘leaders’ ask Clark to approve Jumbo
- ICE advance to semi final match-up against Tigers
- Patio applications now being taken
- SD5 Board Notes
- Gullibility (also not) a mental disorder
- Another crack at the yoga chain world record
- Spring Honda Fun Run wins ALSSBC award
- Canadian Victims Bill of Rights is historic
- Prepare your child for Kindergarten
- Rockies fundraising for new team bus
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Meet Kyla Cornish: Mommy is Weird> Read More
Local government is non-partisan> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Another crack at the yoga chain world record> Read More
Trust’s environmental focus renewed> Read More
Rockies fundraising for new team bus> Read More
March Burn Fund Calendar winner> Read More
SNIP hosting fundraiser May 10> Read More