- Murder investigation steps up entering fifth anniversary
- RCMP in on search for missing Edmonton man
- Baker Street Café: new name and owners
- Land and Land Title act changes introduced
- Purcell Field House taking shape
- Outdoor Youth Leadership Program a success
- Don’t over charge me for vodka
- Free transit applications for low income residents
- Lease terms for adventure tourism operators increasing
- Just how stupid do they think we are?
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
The Commander in Chief is endangering Canadians> Read More
Don’t over charge me for vodka> Read More
Power of the short story in full display> Read More
Arts and culture support must be solid> Read More
What’s in a Name – Mitchell Range> Read More
Power down and switch off for Earth Hour> Read More
More than $5,000 raised for three charities> Read More
Lease terms for adventure tourism operators increasing> Read More