- Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast
- No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest
- Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows
- West Fernie restructure to proceed say prelim results
- Par 3 Charity Golf Tourney has amazing prizes
- Heroin, meth, cash and crack cocaine seized
- Search for Alex Brown continues
- Searchers locate missing cliff jumper’s body
- Sheep deaths at Greenhills under investigation
- The Boom Booms headlining Invermere MusicFest
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast> Read More
Green Party nominations open> Read More
Par 3 Charity Golf Tourney has amazing prizes> Read More
The Boom Booms headlining Invermere MusicFest> Read More
West Fernie restructure to proceed say prelim results> Read More
Valley jail busy over weekend… and cows> Read More
No blind eyes from RCMP during JulyFest> Read More
Plein Air painting all the rage at Kimberley Kaleidoscope> Read More