- RCMP bust two connected to local drug operation
- This needs to make us think and act
- Fernie awarded grant for cycling infrastructure
- Minimum wage to increase Sept. 15
- RDEK stresses emergency preparedness
- Local aid package being assembled for Fort McMurray
- Cranbrook SAR rescue hiker off Fisher
- Never met, but never forgotten
- Grassfire quickly contained at Fort Steele
- Young boy found by searchers
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
ICE select Peyton Krebs first overall> Read More
RDEK stresses emergency preparedness> Read More
Real Talks provide leadership in prevention> Read More
Ram into Summer tees-off June 13> Read More
Recreation Infrastructure Grants announced> Read More
Valdy performing in Fernie May 21> Read More
Refugee fundraiser planned for July> Read More
Fire Flow Testing Program continues to May 14> Read More