- Police seize a quantity of prescription drugs
- CFES handles many calls as storm rolls through
- Canada Day entertainment ready to rock Moir Park
- Fires being battled near Cranbrook
- Local’s work on display at YVR
- Police and community partners lead to arrest
- Kimberley city council makes history
- Mumbo – Jumbo
- Distraught man causes highway closure
- Non-profits benefit from Optik TV
What areas of F will be excluded?Posted: June 22, 2012
Letter to the Editor
I was very surprised to hear the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) board had deduced there was no appetite for secondary suites in Area F.
Where and how did Area F Director Wendy Booth conduct her survey to come to such a conclusion? I couldn’t make it to the town hall meeting where this was on the agenda (I was working), but I neither read nor heard anything that came from it, which suggested secondary suites were unwanted in Area F.
As a someone who has spent many years in the area living in (illegal) secondary suites, and is considering purchasing a home in the area (with a potentially legal secondary suite to help my mortgage), this is an issue that is of significant importance to me.
I understand that “some portions” of Area F would be excluded from the new zoning bylaw. Perhaps she could elaborate on which areas that would be?
(Above image from City of Edmonton website)
CFES handles many calls as storm rolls through> Read More
ICE’s 2015-16 exhibition schedule released> Read More
Candidates’ forum already scheduled> Read More
Youth financial literacy makes good ‘cents’> Read More
Friends of Children ‘Blizzard Day’ at DQ> Read More
Glenda Winters wins portrait contest> Read More
Celebrate Valley Style June 30> Read More
Police seize a quantity of prescription drugs> Read More