Suspected gas leak clears Platzl building
By Michelle Forbes
A suspected gas leak earlier today caused the evacuation of a building in the Platzl containing The Bean Tree and The Kimberley City Bakery, among other businesses.
The Kimberley Fire Department was on scene to assess the situation. It was determined that there was no gas leak, and once the air had cleared sufficiently, people were allowed to go back into The Kimberley City Bakery.
Air quality in The Bean Tree remained poor and it was closed for the day, as fire crews worked to find the source of the problem. It is believed to be a bear spray that had caused the air quality problem.
One person was sent to hospital as a precaution.
Photo by Eric Forbes