- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- The Invermere MusicFest is here!
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Sparwood Council Facts
- Busy weekend dealing with alcohol for RCMP
Wetlands partnersPosted: August 13, 2012
On behalf of the Columbia Wetland Stewardship Partners, I want to thank you for the RBC Blue Waters grant. This funding will help us in our work of managing this biophysical paradise which is one of the largest wetland complexes in B.C., an International Ramsar site, and the only section of the Columbia River in North America still in a relatively natural state. We will use the RBC Blue Water funding to continue work on a Recreational Users Guide to the Columbia River Wetlands, documenting the natural and human history of this remarkable complex, and promoting its biodiversity and hydrological importance in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest.
“We commend RBC for its Blue Waters initiative and your support of our work is very much appreciated.” – Gerry Wilkie, Columbia Wetland Stewardship Partners.
Above image: Left, Gerry Wilkie, President of Columbia Wetlands & (right) Isabelle Randell, Branch Manager, RBC Royal Bank, Kimberley.Tags: Columbia RiverColumbia Wetland Stewardship PartnersGerry WilkieIsabelle RandellRamsarRBC Blue Waters grantRBC Royal BankWetlands
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More
Kimberley Kaleidoscope workshop opportunities still available> Read More
‘Cakes with all the trimmings in Elko> Read More
Kimberley City Bakery celebrates first anniversary> Read More