- BCTF ignoring government’s fiscal reality: province
- Area restriction order amended
- A rhyming explanation about the state of B.C. education
- An education system sadly failing its children
- Interior Health welcomes new board director
- An open letter to Christy Clark
- Evening fire ravages downtown business
- East Kootenay Energy Diet encore
- Sparwood Council Facts
- Rescuing children should be as heartwarming as rescuing animals
Appreciative crowd learns about White Water ParkPosted: May 15, 2012
Over 100 people crowded the Fernie Golf and Country Club Thursday evening (May 10) to listen to a presentation on the proposed Fernie White Water Park on the Elk River. Olympian Scott Shipley who has planned these white water parks all over the world was introduced by Fernie resident Dan Savage, a member of the newly formed park society.
Shipley spoke about the way these types of parks are built and answered questions about hazards, liability and safety. Shipley who specializes in building white water parks said that these aren’t just parks they are community parks where people watch what is going on in the river, sit and read and walk around on the banks. The draw isn’t just for the sport it is an economic impact for the community, it draws huge events and large numbers of visitors Shipley said.
The crowd seemed very appreciative of the information provided and Shipley drew a large round of applause after the presentation.
Photo, left to right, Dan Savage, Scott Shipley.
By Mary Giuliano
Tags: Dan SavageFernie Golf and Country ClubFernie White Water ParkScott Shipley
Sparwood Council Facts> Read More
Community & Business Excellence Award nomination time> Read More
Honey in the Jar Sept. 11> Read More
Area restriction order amended> Read More
Interior Health welcomes new board director> Read More
East Kootenay Energy Diet encore> Read More
BCTF ignoring government’s fiscal reality: province> Read More
Rescuing children should be as heartwarming as rescuing animals> Read More