- Impaired driver causes crash
- Teck responds to Globe’s selenium article
- Hey kid, your parents suck
- Canada changed today: Wilks
- Jumbo is simply one more added challenge
- McIntosh wants to give back to Cranbrook
- Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife
- Trust help spurs Rent to East Kootenay
- Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley
- Help this man keep wearing this bra
Appreciative crowd learns about White Water ParkPosted: May 15, 2012
Over 100 people crowded the Fernie Golf and Country Club Thursday evening (May 10) to listen to a presentation on the proposed Fernie White Water Park on the Elk River. Olympian Scott Shipley who has planned these white water parks all over the world was introduced by Fernie resident Dan Savage, a member of the newly formed park society.
Shipley spoke about the way these types of parks are built and answered questions about hazards, liability and safety. Shipley who specializes in building white water parks said that these aren’t just parks they are community parks where people watch what is going on in the river, sit and read and walk around on the banks. The draw isn’t just for the sport it is an economic impact for the community, it draws huge events and large numbers of visitors Shipley said.
The crowd seemed very appreciative of the information provided and Shipley drew a large round of applause after the presentation.
Photo, left to right, Dan Savage, Scott Shipley.
By Mary Giuliano
Tags: Dan SavageFernie Golf and Country ClubFernie White Water ParkScott Shipley
Rocky Mountain Rally coming to valley> Read More
Hey kid, your parents suck> Read More
Who is and isn’t deserving of police protection?> Read More
Barbara Kingsolver informs my world> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
Impaired driver causes crash> Read More
Cranbrook senior’s book continues to captivate> Read More
Trust help spurs Rent to East Kootenay> Read More