- Help this man keep wearing this bra
- Hwy 3 and 93 on top 10 list for collisions with wildlife
- Fund established to help Kimberley family
- Canada changed today: Wilks
- Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23
- Fatal crash still under investigation
- Highway 3 closed after fatality accident
- Challenge highlights food access issues
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Utility rate increases for Kimberley
Appreciative crowd learns about White Water ParkPosted: May 15, 2012
Over 100 people crowded the Fernie Golf and Country Club Thursday evening (May 10) to listen to a presentation on the proposed Fernie White Water Park on the Elk River. Olympian Scott Shipley who has planned these white water parks all over the world was introduced by Fernie resident Dan Savage, a member of the newly formed park society.
Shipley spoke about the way these types of parks are built and answered questions about hazards, liability and safety. Shipley who specializes in building white water parks said that these aren’t just parks they are community parks where people watch what is going on in the river, sit and read and walk around on the banks. The draw isn’t just for the sport it is an economic impact for the community, it draws huge events and large numbers of visitors Shipley said.
The crowd seemed very appreciative of the information provided and Shipley drew a large round of applause after the presentation.
Photo, left to right, Dan Savage, Scott Shipley.
By Mary Giuliano
Tags: Dan SavageFernie Golf and Country ClubFernie White Water ParkScott Shipley
Canada changed today: Wilks> Read More
Celestial extravaganza – Solar eclipse of Oct. 23> Read More
Help this man keep wearing this bra> Read More
Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5> Read More
Diana J. eyeing third term on council> Read More
All Candidate Forums in the Columbia Valley> Read More
Remaining council meetings to be broadcast> Read More
The flu shot protects you and others> Read More