- Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire
- Southeast Fire Centre fighting fire near Canal Flats
- Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park
- Invermere man arrested for July 27 stabbing
- New FM station approved for the East Kootenay
- Driver confusion causes extensive damage
- Sparwood Council Facts
- Cranbrook athlete gets bursary at BC Summer Games
- Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire
- Busy weekend dealing with alcohol for RCMP
A wander through National Aboriginal Days at St. EugenePosted: June 26, 2012
On June 21 St. Eugene Resort and Casino hosted National Aboriginal Day events, including a one-of-a-kind performance by the Symphony of the Kootenays.
With a much-appreciated evening sun bath, the Symphony played in front of the old Mission located in Aqam (St. Mary’s Indian Reserve), between a sunlight glowing grove of trees. With Joe Pierre Jr. reciting a Ktunaxa legend to a symphonic backing, the evening held a twinkling magic fitting for the day.
A host of activities took place during the day showcasing the unique heritage, culture and contributions of First Nations, Inuit and Metis people of Canada.
This day was an opportunity for Aboriginal groups to showcase and share their diverse cultural heritage and was a great opportunity for the several hundred people who attended to learn about the traditions and contributions of Aboriginal peoples in our region and nation.
Carrie Schafer/Through My Eyes Photography
Ian Cobb/e-KNOWTags: Aq’amJoe Pierre Jr.National Aboriginal DaySt. Eugene Resort and CasinoSymphony of the Kootenays
Area Restriction Order is in effect near the White Tail Brook fire> Read More
Fire Update – Whiteswan Area Fire> Read More
Wildfire causes evacuation and closure of White Swan Provincial Park> Read More
Over $1.6 million given to B.C. women> Read More
The Invermere MusicFest is here!> Read More
Kimberley Kaleidoscope workshop opportunities still available> Read More
‘Cakes with all the trimmings in Elko> Read More
Kimberley City Bakery celebrates first anniversary> Read More