Trout Hatchery celebrating 50th anniversary
The Freshwater Fisheries Society of B.C.’s Kootenay Trout Hatchery will be celebrating the hatchery’s 50th anniversary with an open house on April 23, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This will be a free day of fun for the entire family, with something of interest for everyone.
- – Tour through the newly renovated hatchery to see the brand new circular ponds (resulting in energy and water use reduction);
- – Talk to a fish culturist about fish rearing and lake stocking;
- – View fish culture demonstrations;
- – Visit the special guest booths;
- – Join the fun at the pond with fishing and kids activities – including professional face painters;
- – Birthday cake and goodie bags for the kids;
- – The Bull River Rancher’s BBQ Association will have a food concession available.
It promises to be a great day of fun for kids of all ages. See you there!
Kootenay Trout Hatchery