Columbia Valley RCMP online reporting tool now available
Columbia Valley RCMP’s new online reporting tool allows residents to report minor crimes online that fall within a certain criteria, particularly crimes where no suspects or witnesses were/are present and no police presence is required.
Specifically, citizens will be able to report the following crimes online:
- Damage/mischief to vehicle or property under $5,000;
- Hit and run to an unoccupied vehicle or property;
- Theft of bicycle or other property under $5,000;
- Theft from vehicle under $5,000;
- Stolen licence plates or insurance validation decals;
- General driving behaviour reports that are not currently in progress.
However, we request that files with the following criteria be reported by phone or in person:
- Any witnesses or suspects (excluding traffic related complaints);
- Any items lost or stolen over $5,000;
- Any damages over $5,000;
- No items involving personal identity or firearms.
“This reporting tool will enhance our service delivery to residents of the valley by making it more convenient to report less serious crimes, allowing police to focus on emergency calls for service and on-going investigations,” said Cpl. L-P. Gendron-Fafard of the Columbia Valley RMCP.
“Reporting small property offences matter to our detachment as they may be indicative of a larger issue in our community.”