Staff reviewed the city’s practices and the requirements under FOIPPA to create a policy that outlines the city’s guidelines on:
- the collection of personal information;
• the use and disclosure of personal information;
• the retention of personal information
• the security of personal information; and
• the accuracy and correction of personal information.
Cranbrook’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Bylaw No. 3513, 2005designates a person or group of people as the Head of the Municipality and provides authorization for staff to carry out the duties required under FOIPPA as well as establishes fees for processing Freedom of Information requests.
e-KNOW file photo