City implores residents to practice social distancing
Help Curb the Spread of COVID-19
Social distancing is important as we try collectively to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The provincial and federal governments have both been very clear in recent weeks about the importance of social distancing to help reduce the chances of contracting or spreading the virus. Despite these repeated messages from all levels of government and health professionals, many people and groups appear to be ignoring these requirements.
“I am asking you to please take this social distancing very seriously. If we do not the government will invoke a more serious lockdown and enforcement,” said Mayor Lee Pratt. “This entire pandemic is negatively impacting our residents, our business owners and our economy. If this continues too long, the consequences will be devastating for everyone.”
Proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, along with social distancing are key to preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- Limit activities outside your home;
- Use virtual options to connect with others;
- If you are out in public, try to keep two metres between yourself and others;
- Keep your hands at your side when possible;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Cough into your elbow or sleeve;
- Avoid social activities in large gatherings.
For more information about COVID-19, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control.
You can also get important information from Interior Health.
City of Cranbrook