ICE play 10 of first 15 games at home
The 2017/18 Western Hockey League (WHL) schedule was released this week and the renewed Kootenay ICE will play 10 of the first 15 games at home.
The longest home stand of the season takes place from January 19 to February 3 (a stretch of seven games). The longest road trip is five games, which happens twice (December 2-9 and January 2-13).
The ICE are scheduled to play eight home-and-home series including three against the Calgary Hitmen and two against the Red Deer Rebels. The ICE will also play two sets of three games in three nights (January 1-3 and February 16-18).
The ICE play the most games against the Central Division (34) including seven against Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer and Medicine Hat and six against Edmonton. The ICE play 24 times against the East Division (12 home and 12 away), nine against the U.S. Division (seven home and two away) and five road games against the B.C. Division (all five are played between December 2-9).
The ICE have no games scheduled from December 18-26 for the Christmas break.
Notable games include:
- The Jason Wheeldon PREC Home Opener against Calgary (September 22)
- The defending WHL champion Seattle Thunderbirds play at WFP (October 27)
- The Teddy Bear Toss against Calgary (December 16)
- The New Years Day game against Medicine Hat (January 1)
- The Family Day game against Lethbridge (February 12)
- Fan Appreciation game against Regina (March 9)
- The St. Patrick’s Day game against Red Deer (March 17)
A full list of theme nights and promotional games will be released closer to the start of the 2017-18 WHL season.
The Drive to 25 continues and features exclusive benefits and pricing for season seat holders, available until June 30. To purchase season seats call 250-417-0322, stop by the Kootenay ICE office at Western Financial Place or order online at ICEcountry.ca.