B.C.’s COVID-19 update for November 18
As of Thursday, Nov. 18, 90.8% (4,207,832) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87% (4,030,851) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.2% (3,944,285) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.5% (3,785,454) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 468 new cases of COVID-19, including five epi-linked cases, for a total of 214,150 cases in the province.
There are 3,345 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 208,284 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 355 individuals are currently in hospital and 110 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
* 85 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 612);
* 173 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 1,220);
* 69 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 505);
* 68 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 489);
* 72 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 460).
In the last 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for a total of 2,290.
The new deaths include one in Interior Health, five in Fraser Health, two in Northern Health and one in Island Health.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak in the rehabilitation unit at Queen’s Park Care Centre has been declared over, for a total of 21 facilities with ongoing outbreaks.
From Nov. 10-16, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 60.4% of cases. From Nov. 3-16, they accounted for 70.3% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 10-16) – Total 2,897
* Not vaccinated: 1,612 (55.6%)
* Partially vaccinated: 139 (4.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,146 (39.6%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 3-16) – Total 340
* Not vaccinated: 210 (61.8%)
* Partially vaccinated: 29 (8.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 101 (29.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 10-16)
* Not vaccinated: 205.9
* Partially vaccinated: 59.4
* Fully vaccinated: 26.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 3-16)
* Not vaccinated: 43.7
* Partially vaccinated: 17.8
* Fully vaccinated: 2.2
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,488,846 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Lead image: A look at case counts in the region between Nov. 7 and 13. BC CDC