IH opens COVID-19 vaccine bookings Monday
Interior Health will open up its call centre on Monday for seniors to book COVID-19 vaccine appointments.
On Monday, seniors aged 90 and over, and Indigenous peoples aged 65 and over, can begin booking appointments by calling 1-877-740-7747. The call centre is open seven days per week, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
We remind everyone to be vigilant against fraud. Call centres will never ask for financial information, credit card details, or social insurance numbers.
The call centre will only ask for:
- legal name
- date of birth
- postal code
- personal health number (PHN) from the back of B.C. driver’s licences or BC services cards, and
- current contact information, including an email address you or your family checks regularly or a phone number that can receive text messages.
The public is reminded to follow a staggered approach to prevent long waits and system overload.
- March 8: Seniors born in or before 1931 (90 years+) and Indigenous people born in or before 1956 (65 years+) may call to book their vaccine appointment;
- March 15: Seniors born in or before 1936 (85 years+) may call to book their vaccine appointment; and
- March 22: Seniors born in or before 1941 (80 years+) may call to book their vaccine appointment.
Immunization clinic locations will be confirmed at the time of booking, with vaccinations starting as early as March 15.
To learn about B.C.’s COVID-19 Immunization Plan and the Phase 2 rollout, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/bcseniorsfirst
For additional information on the immunization campaign, visit www.gov.bc.ca/covidvaccine
For more information on what to expect when you go to get vaccinated for COVID-19, visit: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/getting-a-vaccine