Posted: July 21, 2020
Bare campsites are safe campsites
Are you planning to camp in grizzly bear country?
If so, WildSafeBC Elk Valley offers these sage tips as to how to do so safely, for yourself and the bears.
- Store food in lockers provided or in trunk of vehicle.
• Keep camping area clean and free of garbage.
• Dispose of grey water in designated area.
• Read and follow any notices posted by campground attendants.
- Store food, soaps, toothpaste or other aromatic items in, or near, your tent.
• Cook near your sleeping area.
• Feed ANY wildlife – ever!
• Leave food in your camping area unattended.
WildSafeBC Elk Valley photo