Home » Elkford starts summer with snowfall

Posted: June 21, 2019

Elkford starts summer with snowfall

We thought it was nasty when we saw our basil withered and near death this morning, living up on the side of ‘the mountain’ in Gold Creek south of Cranbrook.

Then we learned about what greeted Elkford residents this morning – Friday, June 21. Snow and a fair amount in some spots.

On the bright side, at least we’re not up to our gills in wildfire smoke (knock on wood; stay smart out there).

For those of you eagerly anticipating the first weekend of summer, Environment Canada reports it will be a mixed bag.

Showers will prevail today in the Elk Valley, with an average high of about 11 C. On Saturday, June 22, there is a 30% chance of showers and a high of about 19 C, while Sunday, June 23 has a 60% chance of showers and highs of about 15 C.

In the Cranbrook/Kimberley areas, rain and 15 C is the forecast for today, while there is a 40% chance of showers Saturday, June 22 and a 60% chance of showers and 18 C for a high on Sunday.

In the Columbia Valley, it is also a soggy morning, with periods of rain throughout the day and highs of about 16 C.

Saturday is supposed to be mainly sunny, according to Environment Canada, with a high of about 24 C. Sunday heads back to cloudy and 60% chances of showers, with a high of 18 C.

Images above: Elkford earlier this morning. Photos courtesy DriveBC

e-KNOW


Article Share
Author: