District seeks nominations for Volunteer Organization Award
The District of Sparwood appreciates the dedication of its volunteer groups and wishes to recognize the volunteer organizations that provide so much to the community by donating their time, talents, actions and services to the residents of Sparwood.
We are looking for nominations of our local community volunteer organizations that:
- Demonstrates initiative, leadership and creativity in their service to the community;
- Inspire others to engage in volunteer service;
- Improve the overall quality of life for the residents and the community as a whole.
To be selected, nominated organizations must:
- Provide direct support or services in Sparwood.
- Be a volunteer organization based in the District of Sparwood or the Elk Valley.
- Have provided support or services in Sparwood for greater than one year.
Nomination deadline is March 31.
Send your nomination to the district’s Main Office: 136 Spruce Avenue; or the Leisure Centre: 367 Pine Avenue. Mail: Box 520, Sparwood, BC V0B 2G0 Email: [email protected] Nomination forms can be picked up at the Leisure Centre or Main Office. Digital copies can be accessed online at sparwood.recdesk.com or sparwood.ca.
Lead image: Sparwood Search and Rescue is an example of a volunteer organization that benefits and supports district and area residents. e-KNOW file photo
District of Sparwood