Notes from City Hall
Did you know that the City of Kimberley has a bylaw in response to potential water shortages?
Section 3.2 of the ‘Water Shortage Response Bylaw No. 2527’ states: “If no restriction stage is in force on June 1 of any year, stage 1 restrictions come into force automatically on that date without prior declaration.”
As of Friday, June 1, the following becomes mandatory:
- If your residential property has an EVEN address, you are permitted only to water your lawn on EVEN days during the stage 1 restrictions. Example: 122 Main Street can water on the second, fourth, sixth, etc., day of the month.
- If your residential property has an ODD address, you are permitted only to water your lawn on ODD days during the stage 1 restrictions. Example: 123 Main Street can water on the first, third, fifth, etc., day of the month.
- During Stage 1 restrictions, homes are permitted to water ONLY between the hours of 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Non-residential properties follow a different schedule which can be found in ‘Schedule A’ of Bylaw No. 2527.
- Hand-watering of plants or gardens, using a hose to wash surfaces (vehicles, sidewalks, etc.) is ONLY permitted if the hose is equipped with an automatic shut-off device.
- If you are planting a new lawn (seed or sod), please contact Operations to discuss how to obtain a permit for watering outside of the allowable dates and times.
To view the full bylaw, please visit our website. For any questions relating to watering restrictions, please call our Operations Department at 250-427-9660.
All organizations/groups requesting to utilize the City of Kimberley Civic Centre and/or Marysville Arena’s ice for the 2018-2019 season are to attend the ice allocation meeting. This will be held on Wednesday, June 20 at 6 p.m. at the Kimberley Aquatic Centre. If you have any questions, please call the Operations Desk at 250-427-9660 or email to [email protected].
Provincial Mine Rescue and First Aid Competition
On Saturday, June 9 from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Coronation Field, come and watch over 200 professional miners will test their physical and mental skills under real-life scenarios.
Building a new home?
The City of Kimberley has recently updated the Energy Efficient Building Incentive Program. All new homes with building permits issued after January 1, are eligible for a $500 rebate to help offset the cost of a pre-construction performance evaluation of the building plans. The project is then eligible for a further rebate of 10-60% of the permit fee based on the post-construction energy performance of the building. If you are building a new home in Kimberley, please visit our website or contact the Building Inspector at 250-427-9655 or [email protected] for more details.
No Unauthorized Vehicles in the Platzl
Please be reminded that the Platzl is for pedestrian use only. There is no motor vehicle access permitted unless authorized by the City of Kimberley.
Free Public Swim
Come to the Aquatic Centre and enjoy a Free Public Swim on Wednesday, June 6 from 5 to 6 p.m. sponsored by the Kimberley Riverside Campground.
City of Kimberley