Desktop – Leaderboard

Home » Provincial contacts list for urban deer complaints

Posted: June 16, 2022

Provincial contacts list for urban deer complaints

Each year during fawning season, reports of protective and aggressive deer increase.

City of Kimberley council is disappointed by the lack of provincial support to control the deer population in town. Urban deer are a provincial issue and even though municipalities across British Columbia have sought support, the province has yet to come through in any meaningful way.

In light of this, city council would like to relay to residents the proper contact information for reports and complaints on this issue.

  • To report an aggressive/protective deer, please contact the RAPP line (Report All Poachers and Polluters) by phone at 1-877-952-7277 (RAPP) or #7277 on Telus Mobility Network. In a non-emergency, you can also report an issue online. The RAPP line directs inquires to Conservation Officers who are responsible for wildlife related public safety.
  • You can also contact the B.C. Conservation Officer Service directly at 1-250-489-8570.
  • You may also direct inquiries to the Minister of Forests, who is responsible for urban deer management at [email protected].

The City of Kimberley continues to advocate to the province for effective solutions related to wildlife in our community. Please direct reports, inquiries and complaints to these contacts.

e-KNOW file photo

City of Kimberley


Article Share