Terms of Service
The term ‘e-know.ca’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 3812 42nd Ave S, Cranbrook, BC, Canada. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada and the United States of America.
e-KNOW uses Disqus, an online public comment sharing platform for the moderation of comments onto the e-KNOW site. We use Disqus to reduce spam. Although a great service, it seems some comments have been mistaken as spam for some reason. And we have to take extra steps to approve them. Please be patient.
Disqus doesn’t moderate or manage the communities that use Disqus, but using Disqus to do any of the following things breaks their Terms of Service and appropriate action (which can include removing a comment or discussion, resetting a profile, or banning an account) will be taken to enforce them.
The following are not allowed anywhere on Disqus:
- Targeted harassment or encouraging others to do so
Hate speech and other forms of targeted and systematic harassment of people have no place on Disqus, nor do we tolerate communities dedicated to fostering harassing behaviour.
Examples include 1) comments posted in large quantities to promote a product or service, 2) the exact same comment posted repeatedly to disrupt a thread. 3) following users multiple times
You may not impersonate others in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Direct threat of harm
This covers active threats of harm directed towards a specific person or defined group of individuals. Contact local authorities if you feel a crime has been committed or is imminent.
- Posting personally identifiable information
Examples of protected information: credit card number, home/work address, phone number, email address, social security number. Real name isn’t currently covered.
- Inappropriate profile content
Graphic media containing violence and pornographic content are not allowed. Profile content allowed by Disqus may not be allowed on all communities, so report such profiles to the site moderator.
e-KNOW Comment Policy
Many new online technologies allow for the submission of user-generated comments. e-KNOW encourages this and we love comments and appreciate the time that our readers spend to share ideas and give feedback.
e-KNOW is a locally owned small business without corporate backing. We are not in the position to let comments go amok and face legal concerns for everyone involved. So, let us be clear. This is our site and we set the rules. Our name is on this site and we respect healthy discussions. Just as you would not encourage bad behaviour in your home or workplace, we do not allow it here.
If you would like your comment to appear on e-KNOW, be respectful of our community and think before you post. We want our comments to be as useful as possible to all our readers.
Currently, comments are automatically approved unless there is the use of inappropriate words, links, or user has been flagged. While we appreciate each comment, if your comment does not follow our comment policy, it will be removed. Continuous abuse of the policy will result in permanent ban of the IP address, domain, and the email used.
In order to keep these interactive comments enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below and you agree not to submit inappropriate content.
Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- Language and Manners–e-KNOW is a “family friendly site” therefore any comment that includes offensive or inappropriate language, and/or considered rude by our editorial staff will be edited or deleted. This is a friendly community, so play it NICE.
- Explicit commercial endorsements or promotional comments: If a comment is solely promotional in nature, or contains advertising, we will remove it from the site.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted– In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this site’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the writer, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this site could result in removal and blocked access.
- Discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content.
- Degrades others based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification.
- Predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling.
- Libelous, defamatory comments or accusations (with name or organization) of anyone. This is for your protection as well as ours.
- Harassing comments: While conversation and the sharing of different ideas is encouraged, all comments need to be respectful towards our contributors and those leaving comments.
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person.
- Obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar.
- Violates a person’s right to privacy.
- Violates any local, provincial, national, or international law.
- Contains or advocates illegal or violent acts.
- Misrepresents your identity or affiliation.
- Impersonates others.
- Is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable.
- Intention to attack, denigrate, diminish, harm or cause upset to an individual or group or the intention was to troll or hijack the conversation.
We reserve the right to remove any comments from the site.
Here are additional comment guidelines:
- Links: We love resources as they can be helpful sometimes, but to prevent SPAM and assure quality, we do not automatically approve links on the comments. If you do so, Be patient. Relevant links that contribute to the conversation need to be approved.
- Liability: By posting a comment, you agree that your contribution is your own and that you take responsibility for it. You agree to hold e-KNOW, all post authors, and other commenters harmless.
- Copyright: If we receive authentic notice that a comment is in violation of anyone’s copyrighted information, the comment will be deleted, and the commenter may be blocked from posting comments in the future.
- Real Name: If you use your real name, you’ll be taken more seriously and people won’t think you may be trying to hide something.
- What to Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear– If you leave a comment and it does not appear in a reasonable time period (1 business day), and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, please contact us at [email protected]
All Rights Reserved – e-KNOW Editorial Staff reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam all comments. We also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire site. We also reserve the right to block any IP address that violates this comment policy.
Hold Harmless – All comments within e-KNOW are the responsibility of the commenter, not the editorial staff of e-KNOW. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and you agree to hold e-KNOW, all subsidiaries of e-KNOW, all representatives of e-KNOW, and all advertisers harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
By commenting on this site, you understand and agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted content. You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site. We may reject or remove any comment at any time, with or without notice to you.