- Four arrested after extensive RCMP effort
- Police search for hit and run driver
- High-risk arrest completed; witnesses sought
- The Benson Family
- Dog-napping in Cranbrook
- Cranbrook among Best Cities for Work in B.C.
- Police hunt for B&E suspect in Southview area
- RCMP seek info on a home invasion
- Cranbrook Canadian Tire moving
- Identity sought for serial robbery suspect
Things to do indoors this winterPosted: November 24, 2011
By Anne Davis
If you are an outdoor sports enthusiast, you’re all set for an enjoyable winter. If not, here are some ideas for indoor fun to get you going.
– Have a movie day
– rent a bunch of movies that you want to see (or old favourites that you love);
– invite your friends or just hang out with family (or on your own!);
– order pizza;
– snuggle up in front of the TV with lots of cushions and blankets, relax and enjoy!
– Enjoy a home spa evening. You’ll need candles, moisturizers, bubble bath or Epsom salts, a 1-minute pedicure scrub or a pumice stone, nail clippers and file, nail polish and remover;
– Light some candles and turn on some soothing music;
– Use the one-minute pedicure product or the pumice on your feet, rub all over and rinse off;
– Enjoy a 20 minute soak in the tub. If you’re not a bubble bath lover, add two cups of Epsom salts and soothe your muscles. Epsom salts are a great source of magnesium, too, which will be soaked up through your pores as you relax and help to release toxins;
– When you emerge from the tub, smooth a rich moisturizer into your skin. Use a specialized foot moisturizer, giving yourself a foot massage as you wait for it to soak in;
– Remove any old nail polish, clip and file your nails and reapply polish;
– Slip into your warm, fluffy robe and slippers.
Potluck brunch & games
Host an early afternoon get together on a Sunday with friends or family members;
Have everyone bring a dish and prepare a breakfast casserole or baked French toast to serve your guests;
Put the coffee on, set out the food and break out the board games or play Rummoli or a rousing game of charades. Everyone will enjoy the break in the usual Sunday routine!
Improve your dancing skills
Pick up how-to videos or Google different dance styles like belly dancing, salsa or hip hop;
Move furniture out of the way, allowing plenty of room to move around and learn a new dance style. All three of these styles are excellent aerobic workouts as well as working muscle groups you’d forgotten you had!
Do It Yourself Crafts – Create your own ornaments, wreaths or cards
Visit the craft section of a department store or craft store for inspiration. Google “easy homemade decorations” for even more ideas;
Buy what you need or recycle things you already have like old cards, tin plates, magazines, etc.;
Set aside a block of time, spread out and let your creativity soar!
No matter what you choose to do, whether you do it on your own or with others, have fun with it!
Anne Davis is a writer, blogger, artist and photography buff. Born in Quebec, she now lives in Kimberley, BC where she is editor of and contributor to the City of Kimberley’s Active Community Guide and webmaster for the City’s websites.Tags: Anne DavisFun things to do in the winter
The Benson Family> Read More
A well-reasoned and wonderful story> Read More
3 facts you need to know> Read More
High-risk arrest completed; witnesses sought> Read More
Police search for hit and run driver> Read More
Horoscope for the week beginning Jan. 30> Read More
Wetlands should be B.C.’s top conservation priority: NCC> Read More
Le Vent du Nord at Key City Feb. 10> Read More