B.C.’s COVID-19 update for November 4
As of Thursday, Nov. 4, 90.1% (4,176,649) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.6% (3,968,494) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.5% (3,915,733) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.2% (3,728,579) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 596 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 207,716 cases in the province.
There are currently 4,451 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 200,749 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 438 individuals are in hospital and 130 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 115 new cases in Interior Health (total active cases: 666);
* 222 new cases in Fraser Health (total active cases: 1,927);
* 46 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (total active cases: 565);
* 159 new cases in Northern Health (total active cases: 616);
* 54 new cases in Island Health (total active cases: 618).
In the past 24 hours, eight new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,200.
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health) and Peace Villa (Northern Health). The outbreaks at Manoah Manor, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Westminster House, Willingdon Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health) have been declared over, for a total of 37 active outbreaks.
From Oct. 27 to Nov. 2, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.5% of cases and from Oct. 20 to Nov. 2 they accounted for 71.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 27 to Nov. 2) – Total 3,532
* Not vaccinated: 2,096 (59.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 182 (5.2%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,254 (35.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 20 to Nov. 2) – Total 447
* Not vaccinated: 293 (65.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 28 (6.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 126 (28.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 27 to Nov. 2)
* Not vaccinated: 269.4
* Partially vaccinated: 62.7
* Fully vaccinated: 29.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 20 to Nov. 2)
* Not vaccinated: 56.4
* Partially vaccinated: 13.9
* Fully vaccinated: 2.8
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,295,846 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
e-KNOW file photo